LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry but what does the team I support have to do with anything 🤷‍♂️

yes it is just money so why do they have keep trying to justify its beyond the money 🤷‍♂️

Who’s said the money isn’t a factor?

Loads of players will have joined LIV for multiple reasons, not JUST for the money.

Again, it’s a recycled debate that we’ve done to death multiple times on this thread.

Perhaps you want to discuss the sponsorship deals that Andrew Carter alluded to. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few club manufacturers come on board.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In actual fact, I cant remember much being said by DJ, he's literally just chilling :ROFLMAO:

He seems to be the only one who has been honest about why he went to LiV.

The others have tied themselves in knots with their BS reasons. See Bubba this week as a prime example!

D

Deleted member 15344

Loads of players will have joined LIV for multiple reasons, not JUST for the money.

Again, it’s a recycled debate that we’ve done to death multiple times on this thread.

Perhaps you want to discuss the sponsorship deals that Andrew Carter alluded to. Personally I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few club manufacturers come on board.

Do you ever read what’s posted 🤦‍♂️

Money is the reason they all went to LIV

That is the reason they went to liv because they were offered a lot of money just to play golf

Anything else they dribble out is just nonsense to try and make it look like they aren’t just a bunch of money grabbers

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
He seems to be the only one who has been honest about why he went to LiV.

The others have tied themselves in knots with their BS reasons. See Bubba this week as a prime example!

Yeah the older guys that have gone have definitely just played a numbers game - very unlikely to win on the PGA tour again - could win on the ET but maybe not a big event - so they cash in on their final few years in golf.

100% Should have just said that and owned it :ROFLMAO:

Swango1980

Visit site

The key thing is, it is JUST the money that was the primary reason for all the players to join LIV. If the money on offer was just the same as the PGAT, then they wouldn't go. They certainly wouldn't have gone to LIV if the money was less, even knowing they could get more time off, play in a team, wear shorts, etc.

The other reasons are just other consequences of joining LIV that players might see as a positive. Sign up for LIV, get all this money, wooohoooo. Ohh, and I get more time off and can spend it with my family? Happy days, bonus.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Do you ever read what’s posted 🤦‍♂️

Money is the reason they all went to LIV

That is the reason they went to liv because they were offered a lot of money just to play golf

Anything else they dribble out is just nonsense to try and make it look like they aren’t just a bunch of money grabbers

Hilarious.

I post a link to somebody who has spoken to multiple LIV players off record, who all say how much they are loving the freedom and fun that LIV is giving them, and you tell me I’m not reading what gets posted, and that it’s just about the money and nothing else.

Liverparodyphil, would be a better username.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Hilarious.

I post a link to somebody who has spoken to multiple LIV players off record, who all say how much they are loving the freedom and fun that LIV is giving them, and you tell me I’m not reading what gets posted, and that it’s just about the money and nothing else.

Oh the irony😛

D

Deleted member 15344

Hilarious.

😂😂 you must be extremely gullible if you believe all the guff any player comes out with

They went to LIV because of the money - simple as that , anyone who thinks any different is deluded

They go to the PGAT for money and entry in majors , they play in Rolex events for money and entry into majors and Ryder cup

They play on LIV because they get paid a lot of money

They are loving the money they earn regardless of how they play

They don’t have any more “freedom” than they did on the other tours

Under LIV they “have to play every event” and encouraged to play other Asian Events

Under PGAT and ET they have to play a certain amount of events - but can pick and chose which ones they are

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Has anybody noticed the ‘multiple sponsorships incoming’ talk is just this months ‘multiple TV networks bidding’ chat?

It is designed to try and create FOMO and hope someone bites. In reality, they’ll have a PIF owned airline sponsoring the ‘High-Flyers’ and the Saudi Govt sponsoring ‘The Beheaders’

At a stretch, they might convince Bob Parsons to sponsor a PXG team, probably for nothing. And we’ll then have to endure a load of people saving face trying to spin that as a major success 🥱

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Has anybody noticed the ‘multiple sponsorships incoming’ talk is just this months ‘multiple TV networks bidding’ chat?

It is designed to try and create FOMO and hope someone bites. In reality, they’ll have a PIF owned airline sponsoring the ‘High-Flyers’ and the Saudi Govt sponsoring ‘The Beheaders’

At a stretch, they might convince Bob Parsons to sponsor a PXG team, probably for nothing. And we’ll then have to endure a load of people saving face trying to spin that as a major success 🥱

Yeah thought they had loads of offers in the US for their tv rights they’ve gave it to free to the home of dawsons creek and power rangers

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

How many times has there been a rumour about something big coming over the winter? And they announced a TV deal they are paying for and another player no one will miss.

It’s all just spin and more spin.

Carter has been taking money from that region for years. I would take anything he says with a handful of salt.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Quite comical this thread now, most of the posts are now from anti-LIV guys, who's desperation to downplay the significance of LIV seems to be growing exponentially in the face of the realisation that LIV hasn't failed, and isn't going to.

Time to accept it for what it is, and just get on with either enjoying it, or ignoring it.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
How many times has there been a rumour about something big coming over the winter? And they announced a TV deal they are paying for and another player no one will miss.

It’s all just spin and more spin.

Carter has been taking money from that region for years. I would take anything he says with a handful of salt.

Exactly. How the hell would a guy who gets less than 10k views on most of his videos get access to ‘5-6 Liv players’ ??!

Notice how it is always ‘off camera’ on these type of things. Why would a guy who only makes money by doing things on camera, shout about off camera intel?!

Laughable. Yet people still drink the kool-aid as gospel

Swango1980

Visit site
Quite comical this thread now, most of the posts are now from anti-LIV guys, who's desperation to downplay the significance of LIV seems to be growing exponentially in the face of the realisation that LIV hasn't failed, and isn't going to.

Time to accept it for what it is, and just get on with either enjoying it, or ignoring it.
To be fair, there probably are not many pro LIV guys to contribute on the thread? Most people don't care enough to contribute either way, and maybe more people dislike it enough to comment than those that like it enough to comment?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair, there probably are not many pro LIV guys to contribute on the thread? Most people don't care enough to contribute either way, and maybe more people dislike it enough to comment than those that like it enough to comment?

Tbh I'm indifferent to pro Liv and just got bored of the self righteousness of posters who actually don't practice what they preach .. no point ...minds made up move on

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Exactly. How the hell would a guy who gets less than 10k views on most of his videos get access to ‘5-6 Liv players’ ??!

He did filming with Matt Wolff, DJ, Phil Mickelson and Sergio last year, and posted a YouTube short today playing a hole with Cam Smith. There's 5 that he's clearly had access to in the past 12 months.