LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

The Hideki rumours did seem to go colder the last few weeks. Like most, I try to ignore the gossip and wait for actual announcements - not easy though.

Early on I thought they'd find it easier bringing in non-US players, and the US players would need even more cash promises (bit like English players in the EPL). So even though not the really big names, have been quite surprised by the numbers of US so far.
Will be interesting to see the actual 2023 schedule, rumours were the R&A encouraged them to have more events outside of USA. We'll see.

Hideki was being held up to be a big jewel in the crown to allow them to bring in the “Srixon” franchise and all Japanese teams etc - a lot of the LIV bots had it as a done deal and a key player in the franchise move

It always seemed to be a strange move for him as he has always appeared to be a level headed respectful person and The Masters highlighted that

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The recent comments from Butch Harmon exactly mirror my view. I would have more respect for the guys going to LIV if they said that they went for the money … they are professionals with a relatively short career, so why shouldn’t they … rather than coming out with spurious reasons like playing less golf or spending more time with the family.
I agree with the sentiment, but wonder if influenced by comments from a small number of higher profile players.
Personally I've heard/read lots talking about the money angle, wonder if more than 10% actually went down the less time/family route?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
The recent comments from Butch Harmon exactly mirror my view. I would have more respect for the guys going to LIV if they said that they went for the money … they are professionals with a relatively short career, so why shouldn’t they … rather than coming out with spurious reasons like playing less golf or spending more time with the family.

A relatively short career

The PGA tour tbf to them look after them more than most

What other sport gives a pension and a retirement plan

Barking_Mad

Visit site
[
You miss the points massively once again

Tell me how many times the likes of Gooch and Kokrak ever went near a ET event ?

I know you can’t see past LIV but the only people gaining from all this upheaval since LIV arrived is rich golfers

It's funny how he went on about "poor caddies" yet here he is happy to insert rich golfers over those who actively play on the tour and to ask that we "think of the sponsors".

There's more brains in a pork pie.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Like most I enjoy watching Rory in full flow on the course.
Off course, I'm in two minds, he's become pretty good at these interview digs. Is it 'top bantz'? Is it a bit odd after just winning the tour championship he brings 'the other side' into it? What's the phrase these days 'rent free'? Or is he just making sure he's a shoe in for the PIP money? It's certainly keeping pro golf in the media.

Anyway, he's proved he's good in small field events ???

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Off course, I'm in two minds, he's become pretty good at these interview digs. Is it 'top bantz'? Is it a bit odd after just winning the tour championship he brings 'the other side' into it? What's the phrase these days 'rent free'? Or is he just making sure he's a shoe in for the PIP money? It's certainly keeping pro golf in the media.

He’s becoming very boring now imo.

D

Deleted member 15344

Find it all amusing - seems he said it with a smile on his face and quite a bit later

It’s funny - the man gets battered from pillar to post mainly from people who are jealous of him , he is pretty open in what he says and is even criticised for that , it’s telling that those who call him a bottler are mute when he plays well

Right now the LIV bots are trying to find anything and everyone to discredit him - accusations of cheating from them at the moment

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Find it all amusing - seems he said it with a smile on his face and quite a bit later

It’s funny - the man gets battered from pillar to post mainly from people who are jealous of him , he is pretty open in what he says and is even criticised for that , it’s telling that those who call him a bottler are mute when he plays well

Right now the LIV bots are trying to find anything and everyone to discredit him - accusations of cheating from them at the moment

He actually got given the win rather than won it.
He’s bottled majors for 8 years,that’s his legacy,probably one of the most talented golfers ,who has massively bombed in majors.
A man who calls others greedy but shows how money motivates him,he really didn’t give a poop about that tournament,the same as in 2015 when he was skipping around the fairway.
He’s become a spokesman for the tour and how good it is,but players are still leaving.
Although it’s stabilising there is a place for two tours,yet some can’t get to grips with it.
He failed to shout Fore yesterday twice,why,it’s an automatic shout,is it above him?
Good golfer,total hypocrite imo.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
He actually got given the win rather than won it.
He’s bottled majors for 8 years,that’s his legacy,probably one of the most talented golfers ,who has massively bombed in majors.
A man who calls others greedy but shows how money motivates him,he really didn’t give a poop about that tournament,the same as in 2015 when he was skipping around the fairway.
He’s become a spokesman for the tour and how good it is,but players are still leaving.
Although it’s stabilising there is a place for two tours,yet some can’t get to grips with it.
He failed to shout Fore yesterday twice,why,it’s an automatic shout,is it above him?
Good golfer,total hypocrite imo.

?

D

Deleted member 15344

Some just can’t help themselves

Must admit didn’t expect to see that he was given the win as opposed to earning it - it’s not like he didn’t have the best “gross score” over the four days as well

Not bad when he was ten shots back after three holes on Thursday

D

Deleted member 21445

I have a friend who is a coach on the PGA Tour. (For Real)

He says the Liv 7 are believed to be

Cam Smith
Joachim Niemann
Marc leishman
Harold varner III
Aniban lahiri
Cameron Tringale
Not sure of the 7th - thinks Hideki has changed his mind..

D

Deleted member 15344

I have a friend who is a coach on the PGA Tour. (For Real)

He says the Liv 7 are believed to be

Cam Smith
Joachim Niemann
Marc leishman
Harold varner III
Aniban lahiri
Cameron Tringale
Not sure of the 7th - thinks Hideki has changed his mind..

That’s the popular names being mentioned

The social media talk was that Niemann was on the fence still and also Mito Peirera was on the fence

Strange to see a lot of player giving up majors but it’s a lot of money to set them up for life.

Cam Smith is really the only name that matters there

edit - Niemann it seems is confirmed

im guessing he was the big player they were hinting at during the week

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 21445

That’s the popular names being mentioned

The social media talk was that Niemann was on the fence still and also Mito Peirera was on the fence

Strange to see a lot of player giving up majors but it’s a lot of money to set them up for life.

Cam Smith is really the only name that matters there

I also think Niemann is a loss... Huge young Talent, 2 PGA Tour wins and no 19 in the world.

The rest no big loss, Leishman helps put the Aussie team together..

D

Deleted member 15344

I also think Niemann is a loss... Huge young Talent, 2 PGA Tour wins and no 19 in the world.

The rest no big loss, Leishman helps put the Aussie team together..

In terms of talented young players then it’s a shame to see him go and it’s a loss in that respect but in terms of media impact etc there will be many that just don’t really know him from Adam

D

Deleted member 21445

In terms of talented young players then it’s a shame to see him go and it’s a loss in that respect but in terms of media impact etc there will be many that just don’t really know him from Adam

Just looked at last years Player Impact program top 10.
Players who had the biggest impact.

PGA Tour - 5 Players
Liv Tour - 5 Players

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

You do make me laugh Phil. When players leave who have a big media impact go to LIV, you brush them off as being at the end of their careers, and when young players who have a good deal of potential leave you brush them off has not having a big media impact.:LOL:

D

Deleted member 15344

Just looked at last years Player Impact program top 10.
Players who had the biggest impact.

PGA Tour - 5 Players
Liv Tour - 5 Players

I’m guessing the LiV players are - BDC , DJ , Micklson , Koepka and Watson maybe ?