LIV Golf

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
With all these new signings, how long before McDowell and Poulter need to start worrying about being dropped for younger, mediocre PGA Tour players?
I'm sure their back pockets will be filled sufficiently to mean they can't walk properly....he'll, they may even have to come back to the DP and go and play big events in Kenya and Mauritius (no offence Slab;))
Here's a thought....what if, say, Gooch, who has been banned from the PGA Tour, joins DP and gets one of the qualifying places for the next years PGA....?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm sure their back pockets will be filled sufficiently to mean they can't walk properly....he'll, they may even have to come back to the DP and go and play big events in Kenya and Mauritius (no offence Slab;))
Here's a thought....what if, say, Gooch, who has been banned from the PGA Tour, joins DP and gets one of the qualifying places for the next years PGA....?

I did see somewhere (but don’t ask me to find it - it was weeks ago) that any bans from the PGAT can only be 1 year, so any banned players are then eligible to qualify again.

D

Deleted member 15344

I did see somewhere (but don’t ask me to find it - it was weeks ago) that any bans from the PGAT can only be 1 year, so any banned players are then eligible to qualify again.
Yet the Commissioner was quite clear that they wouldn’t be welcomed back at any point

But they don’t need to come back to the PGA - they have their new tour , why would they need to play on the PGAT or ET when they have the 14 LIV events

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I think that’s probably rubbish and I suspect your aware of that.
Not a second?

Item one was a joke. Hence the wink.

Second item...absolutely so. We were chatting in the bar yesterday, the assembled group haven't watched any at all. Similar question asked if any knew any one who watched it. Nil return.

Closest was my bother in law who lives in St Albans was given free tickets...he didn't bother going.

It's a bit like debating PCC. The chattering classes on here are full of it, most golfers don't seem bothered.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is everyone not getting richer purely because of Liv?
The PGA have virtually doubled purses overnight.
Considering sign up money into the 100s of thousands.
I suspect appearance fees have risen sharply.
Players absolutely roasting other players,whilst their own pockets bulge.
Now that’s hypocritical

D

Deleted member 1147

Was that from someone who knows, or the usual twitter crap?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The Hideki rumours did seem to go colder the last few weeks. Like most, I try to ignore the gossip and wait for actual announcements - not easy though.

Early on I thought they'd find it easier bringing in non-US players, and the US players would need even more cash promises (bit like English players in the EPL). So even though not the really big names, have been quite surprised by the numbers of US so far.
Will be interesting to see the actual 2023 schedule, rumours were the R&A encouraged them to have more events outside of USA. We'll see.

D

Deleted member 23344

The recent comments from Butch Harmon exactly mirror my view. I would have more respect for the guys going to LIV if they said that they went for the money … they are professionals with a relatively short career, so why shouldn’t they … rather than coming out with spurious reasons like playing less golf or spending more time with the family.