LIV Golf

4LEX

Visit site
Westwood and Poulter really are two deluded wrong un's consumed by greed. I would include G-Mac but he's a total non entity these days.

I wonder if they'll get any abuse at Wentworth in a few weeks? It would be a shame if they did :unsure:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Westwood and Poulter really are two deluded wrong un's consumed by greed. I would include G-Mac but he's a total non entity these days.

I wonder if they'll get any abuse at Wentworth in a few weeks? It would be a shame if they did :unsure:
Aren’t all the top players consumed by greed?
They’re all chasing the $
Yes they want to win majors,but it’s all about the $.
Saint Rory as chased the money all his courier.
So as Tiger.

4LEX

Visit site
Aren’t all the top players consumed by greed?
They’re all chasing the $
Yes they want to win majors,but it’s all about the $.
Saint Rory as chased the money all his courier.
So as Tiger.

That's a fair comment, pro golfers are motivated by money. However the actions of those two do leave a sour taste. Genuine Ryder Cup hero's now chasing the dollar and destroying their legacy at every turn. Sad to see it.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The Wentworth field is looking good. Plenty over from the PGAT, plus several, much publicised, from LIV.
Wonder if the recently announced PGAT changes are giving Pelley some food for thought..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The Wentworth field is looking good. Plenty over from the PGAT, plus several, much publicised, from LIV.
Wonder if the recently announced PGAT changes are giving Pelley some food for thought..

It certainly should do, the recent decisions made haven’t done much to strengthen the DP Tour. Wentworth should be a great event - one that I’m sure many European golf fans are looking forwards to.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The only reason the field for Wentworth is looking better than the past few years is players chasing ranking points which they can’t get elsewhere.

Which demonstrates where the DPWT can exploit the current stand off by the PGAT.

I hope Pelley is familiar with the phrase “don’t look a gift horse in the mouth”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

The guys from LIV who don’t have ET membership shouldn’t be allowed there imo - the likes of Gooch , Na , Kokrak etc wouldn’t have touched any ET event before they got banned from PGAT -

There are now some ET players who are supporting the tour all year round who will miss out now because of these players just using the event to grab points.

The whole thing is snowballing and stinks - and the other golfers benefitting are those at the top - the guys just about getting by should be the ones the tours should be helping. Disappointed that the ET allowed them to enter

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The guys from LIV who don’t have ET membership shouldn’t be allowed there imo - the likes of Gooch , Na , Kokrak etc wouldn’t have touched any ET event before they got banned from PGAT -

There are now some ET players who are supporting the tour all year round who will miss out now because of these players just using the event to grab points.

The whole thing is snowballing and stinks - and the other golfers benefitting are those at the top - the guys just about getting by should be the ones the tours should be helping. Disappointed that the ET allowed them to enter

They’re some of the best golfers in the world!! Why wouldn’t anybody want them participating? And by the way, the sponsors will be loving the extra interest these players will generate.

D

Deleted member 15344

They’re some of the best golfers in the world!! Why wouldn’t anybody want them participating? And by the way, the sponsors will be loving the extra interest these players will generate.
You miss the points massively once again

Tell me how many times the likes of Gooch and Kokrak ever went near a ET event ?

I know you can’t see past LIV but the only people gaining from all this upheaval since LIV arrived is rich golfers

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You miss the points massively once again

Tell me how many times the likes of Gooch and Kokrak ever went near a ET event ?

I know you can’t see past LIV but the only people gaining from all this upheaval since LIV arrived is rich golfers

No I don’t miss the points, you do. LIV has changed golf globally, the likes of Kokrak and Gooch aren’t playing on the PGA Tour anymore, that has given opportunities to players further down the rankings there - on a tour that has somehow managed to negotiate the most favourable OWGR terms - so if a young player thinks they have what it takes, the PGA Tour is their best target for getting there.
They can still play on the ET events when the opportunity is there, and if good enough will soon be regulars on the tour, a tour which will be strengthened by the inclusion of some world class players at Wentworth.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
No I don’t miss the points, you do. LIV has changed golf globally, the likes of Kokrak and Gooch aren’t playing on the PGA Tour anymore, that has given opportunities to players further down the rankings there - on a tour that has somehow managed to negotiate the most favourable OWGR terms - so if a young player thinks they have what it takes, the PGA Tour is their best target for getting there.
They can still play on the ET events when the opportunity is there, and if good enough will soon be regulars on the tour, a tour which will be strengthened by the inclusion of some world class players at Wentworth.

So LIV should rejoice at the PGAT bans as this is allowing more players into PGAT events , leaving spaces in Korn Ferry which can be filled by more lowly players and so on and therefore growing the game vicariously.

Weird logic

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

I follow your points, but the tournament and tour set the entry criteria - and IMO for years they've been trying to entice PGAT players to add it into their schedules & commitments with some success.
In terms of regular players missing out, is that any different to the Scottish Open earlier in the year?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So LIV should rejoice at the PGAT bans as this is allowing more players into PGAT events , leaving spaces in Korn Ferry which can be filled by more lowly players and so on and therefore growing the game vicariously.

Weird logic

No, let me be clear.

The PGAT bans of LIV players have created opportunities for players further down their rankings = good for those lower ranked players.

Those banned players are now looking for opportunities to play elsewhere to gain ranking points, meaning they are playing globally = good for global golf.

Since LIV has been introduced, golf has HAD to give itself a massive kick up the backside, there will be good and bad that stems from that, but in the end, as long as golf benefits, rather than one particular tour (which has definitely been the case) then we will find golf in a better place.

The field at Wentworth represents where Pelley could take the DP Tour if he wanted to, given the current circumstances.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Has anyone ever been to an event to see Gooch and Kokrak play? There are some good LiV players playing the BMW, but most aren’t adding anything to the quality of the field.

As for the European fans being excited at them adding to the quality of the field. I very much except they won’t get a warm welcome.