LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

If it’s all about the ranking then those relative ‘no-name’ currently riding-high in the rankings golfers should have been at the meeting….and not Rickie Fowler ?

If it’s all about who ‘moves the needle’ to quote the PGA Tour’s PIP initiative — then like it or not but that’s what it is in professional sport these days….and that’s why Fowler was there.

So, that accepted, to claim LIV is over and PGA has primacy is absurd. Bryson, Bubba, Brooks, Garcia, Reed (villains are needed!), DJ and Cameron Smith is a significant haul amongst advertisers and in the eyes of the sporting / casual golfing public. To an objective observer, the changes made by the PGA Tour make it a bit of a mockery.

And LIV is not appealing either.

Solution is to treat it all as a bad joke. Neither side or ‘tribe’ (it’s become v tribal) has come out well…that includes Rory and Westwood with their constant jibes

The only winners from all this is a small number of players who are going to be a lot richer - either from the LIV payouts or the increased money the PGA are giving

Image rights it seems a big one for US sport- not sure how the team sports work but the PGAT have all the image rights and the PIP ( which I think is a joke ) was created to try and satisfy the likes of Mickleson who were fighting for more image rights and more money

And then LIV come in throwing money all over the place and the players are going to leap on that and then it’s just got very messy from then

The sniping , the insults - each LIV fan on social media coming from the same script and every day there is something from them pointing fingers at the PGAT or Monahan or Pelly etc - they have a lack of awareness of the issues they are creating - the PGAT is far from perfect and has issues but the idea that LIV is the shining knight to rescue golf is just as absurd

Right now the professional sport is a mess and people looking from outside but just be scratching their heads - GN has always wanted to destabilise the PGAT and right now he has been given the ammunition to provide that

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really? Considering he shot the best 72 hole aggregate score of the entire field (17 under, beating Sungjae Im by 1 shot), as well as overcoming a 6-shot deficit caused by the handicapping system, I find your comment rather specious
You believe whatever you want
He didn’t win it Scheffler blew a 6 shot lead,hardly a regular occurrence.

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you aware he's won 4 Majors already? Did SS let Rory know on the 1st he was going to give the event to him?
When it comes to Rory there are a number in the trench’s when it comes to opinion - bottler is a common one and when he does win most of the time the opinion is that he was “gifted” the win . Rory will rarely get any credit when it comes to his golf ? Not sure if it’s jealousy or they just enjoy him not winning

Bobthesock

Visit site
When it comes to Rory there are a number in the trench’s when it comes to opinion - bottler is a common one and when he does win most of the time the opinion is that he was “gifted” the win . Rory will rarely get any credit when it comes to his golf ? Not sure if it’s jealousy or they just enjoy him not winning
McIlroy is the Andy Murray of golf. I'm not bothered when he wins just find it hillarious when he bottles it. This year's open will go down as one of the biggest sporting flops of recent years.

D

Deleted member 15344

McIlroy is the Andy Murray of golf. I'm not bothered when he wins just find it hillarious when he bottles it. This year's open will go down as one of the biggest sporting flops of recent years.

In what way was a it a “flop” ? No credit at all to Smiths stunning play during the middle of the round. Rory still went round the last round under par ?‍♂️ How is that a bottle or a flop ?

Sometimes it seems some just want to look at the negative- Smith won the open with a stunning final round - nothing to do with anyone bottling or flopping

Bobthesock

Visit site
In what way was a it a “flop” ? No credit at all to Smiths stunning play during the middle of the round. Rory still went round the last round under par ?‍♂️ How is that a bottle or a flop ?

Sometimes it seems some just want to look at the negative- Smith won the open with a stunning final round - nothing to do with anyone bottling or flopping
The guy needed an eagle on the 18th and didn't even go for the green! It's not just Smith who beat him either. The other Cameron did. Unlucky rory

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't understand some of the stuff Rory comes out with.

"I hate what it's doing to the game of golf. It's going to be hard for me to stomach going to Wentworth in a couple of weeks' time and seeing 18 of them there. That just doesn't sit right with me"

I mean, has he genuinely fallen out with guys like Poulter and Westwood, who I imagine he would have been good friends with, over this?? Just because they chose to earn their money elsewhere? I find it a bit baffling.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The guy needed an eagle on the 18th and didn't even go for the green! It's not just Smith who beat him either. The other Cameron did. Unlucky rory

Tell us you know nothing about golf without telling us you know nothing about golf!

It’s amusing when people against LiV are called out as PGA Tour shills, when a lot of the pro LiV brigade are blatantly just trolling or morons. (Not all of you, just some ?)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Anirban Lahiri also making the switch, as per the LIV golf website.

No surprises of course there, all the names had been rumoured for several days.