LIV Golf

RRidges

Visit site
Trump supposedly off 2.8 Index!:ROFLMAO:
That's the swing of a 12-capper, with a tendency to fade, at best!
They'll have had to rig the rules so he doesn't have to finish any hole if he's going to contribute!
:LOL:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
So the announcements about next year were a bit interesting

There will be 14 LIV events which they need to play - all over the world

Then there is the Asian International Series which is seems they also need to play or a certain amount of the events and of course they are all over in the Far East

Then there is the Majors

So it looks like going from playing less events and less golf and less travel etc they will actually be spending a lot more time on the road , away from home and family

I’m guessing they are going to start to get their flesh of skin from the money they are giving them - wonder what the players think of it
Think most pros average between 23 & 26 a year. If qualified for the majors that goes to 18, so still room for some AT events. Need to find out more about the actual expectation/commitment, most are reporting "at least some", "several", "numerous" - so not really clear yet.
I recall Reed playing the less golf card, not sure I recall too many others though (but might be my memory!).

Clearly a lot of PR battles have been going on across all sides - it may well be the intention was always around this "International Series", but I can see it being positioned as with PGAT & DPWT going down the suspensions & punishment routes, being a way of offering a "full schedule" to those who want it.

As you say, interesting!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Trump supposedly off 2.8 Index!:ROFLMAO:
That's the swing of a 12-capper, with a tendency to fade, at best!
They'll have had to rig the rules so he doesn't have to finish any hole if he's going to contribute!
:LOL:

Apparently he’s not a bad player, got a solid short game, which we all know, is so important.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently he’s not a bad player, got a solid short game, which we all know, is so important.

He is a massive cheater, though and only submits cards when he likes, which are very few of his played rounds. Also known to be generous with gimmes and have some basic problems with maths. Most of the pros who play with him say he is about a 9 handicap.

D

Deleted member 15344

Think most pros average between 23 & 26 a year. If qualified for the majors that goes to 18, so still room for some AT events. Need to find out more about the actual expectation/commitment, most are reporting "at least some", "several", "numerous" - so not really clear yet.
I recall Reed playing the less golf card, not sure I recall too many others though (but might be my memory!).

Clearly a lot of PR battles have been going on across all sides - it may well be the intention was always around this "International Series", but I can see it being positioned as with PGAT & DPWT going down the suspensions & punishment routes, being a way of offering a "full schedule" to those who want it.

As you say, interesting!

Think the top level pros including majors , wgc prob average around 22 as you say

I suspect the international series will give them ranking points so they will prob ultimately be Asian Tour members playing LiV events and then any major they qualify for

Apparently he is the yank version of Kim Yong when it comes to scoring when playing golf - ie he puts down whatever he wants and is more like a 18 handicap. Despite him claiming to be champion golfer at all his clubs

D

Deleted member 1147

Think the top level pros including majors , wgc prob average around 22 as you say

I suspect the international series will give them ranking points so they will prob ultimately be Asian Tour members playing LiV events and then any major they qualify for

Apparently he is the yank version of Kim Yong when it comes to scoring when playing golf - ie he puts down whatever he wants and is more like a 18 handicap. Despite him claiming to be champion golfer at all his clubs
Didn’t he once win a club champs when he was in another part of the world?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn’t he once win a club champs when he was in another part of the world?

In 'Commander in Cheat', Rock Reilly reports that he missed the Club champs at one course because he was at another course. When he got to the first one, he asked what score won, then said 'I scored better than that today - put me down as winner'.

Reilly also reports an incident where Trump was playing with Mike Tirico, sports commentator, and they were playing a par-5. Tirico had hit a good drive and was going for it in two, and hit what looked like a great shot. Trump got to the green first, and when Tirico arrived, his ball was in the bunker. He played it out, holed out and moved on. On the way to the next tee, Trump's caddie told him that his ball was in the middle of the green, but Trump knocked it into the bunker.

D

Deleted member 1147

In 'Commander in Cheat', Rock Reilly reports that he missed the Club champs at one course because he was at another course. When he got to the first one, he asked what score won, then said 'I scored better than that today - put me down as winner'.

Reilly also reports an incident where Trump was playing with Mike Tirico, sports commentator, and they were playing a par-5. Tirico had hit a good drive and was going for it in two, and hit what looked like a great shot. Trump got to the green first, and when Tirico arrived, his ball was in the bunker. He played it out, holed out and moved on. On the way to the next tee, Trump's caddie told him that his ball was in the middle of the green, but Trump knocked it into the bunker.
Great way to “grow the game”, having cheating scum like him involved!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

The world rankings are over a rolling two years and I could only see one top 15 player under 45 events. And that won't include things like the Zurich Classic.

I was poking around on the OGWR site (passing time in airport) and was surprised to see four events in the last two weeks were 54 hole events with ranking points ?
Admittedly lower ranked events. So maybe only the team element could be a factor in not awarding points in future?

RRidges

Visit site
I think with Bubba, LIV now have 5 of the top ten from the PIP that the PGA introduced last year.
They may not be the best players on the tours, but they are the ones that attract media interest.
Media interest is only one of the (5) components of the ranking. But it was introduced as a blatant bribe to deter (future) desertion of (fading) hi-profilers to LIV.
And of course, the winner of the rankings for 2021 was a guy who didn't play a single event!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apparently announced Henrik Stenson as English.
And has previously wished Brandon Grace good luck for The Open - when he wasn't even in the field!
Not such a slick organisation as some would have us think!

Give me one organisation or sporting event that has his the road running and never got any better with experience.
2 events in ,what do people expect?
From the off many have slated Liv,said it wouldn’t take off etc.
Liv is here to stay,will get better and probably be the No1 golfing tour in the future.
It will grow and improve.
All the hypocrites will jump on the bandwagon and life will go on as normal.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
How about this one? Not saying this particular video will grow the game btw, but I can’t say I’ve seen the ET knocking out anything like this.

Is that supposed to be impressive?

They have billions of dollars to spend and they are knocking out videos that a 12 year old with a decent phone and a TikTok account could produce.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site