LIV Golf

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Who are the beneficial owners of the PGA Tour?

No one, the PGA is a not for profit organisation for the running of professional golf events in the USA, though the members i.e. the professional golfers have a large say in how it is run.

Whereas LIV is solely funded by the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund, the least transparent sovereign wealth fund in the world, controlled by the Saudi Arabian government and headed by the de facto ruler

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It is 100% funded by the Saudi royal family. So, what about the question on funding, or are you going to dodge the tricky questions again?

No it isn’t, it will already be picking up income from other sources, small amounts of course, but that will grow over time.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
No it isn’t, it will already be picking up income from other sources, small amounts of course, but that will grow over time.

Really? How much and from where? Have you the published accounts?

So how much profit will LIV make this year?

I assume you are not so financially illiterate as to conflate non-profit with loss-making.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Really? How much and from where? Have you the published accounts?

I assume you are not so financially illiterate as to conflate non-profit with loss-making.

Nobody has the published accounts - they don’t exist, but they’ll be receiving money from You Tube. Longer term, this will be replaced with more lucrative tv deals.

As I said, it’s small amounts but they (already) won’t be 100% funded by the PIF

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nobody has the published accounts - they don’t exist, but they’ll be receiving money from You Tube. Longer term, this will be replaced with more lucrative tv deals.

As I said, it’s small amounts but they (already) won’t be 100% funded by the PIF

Speculation and waffle, as usual.

So, how do you feel about the source of the money. You seem to have an answer for everything, even if patently nonsensical. Have a go at my question if you dare.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Speculation and waffle, as usual.

So, how do you feel about the source of the money. You seem to have an answer for everything, even if patently nonsensical. Have a go at my question if you dare.

Why is it speculation and waffle. You Tube pays people who attract enough traffic to their platform, it’s called monetisation.
Go and click on a video on the LIV golf YouTube channel. There’s adverts before the video starts. LIV golf will receive a son of that ad revenue.

D

Deleted member 15344

?‍♂️

Everyone knows that currently all the money is coming from PIF which is the Saudi state investment fund

They have prob spent over $2bn alone on recruiting players and then the prize money

That will change if it becomes a success and they find sponsors and media deals and sell these franchises etc - and it might become sustainable but that’s all potential future working

D

Deleted member 15344

Why are people not outraged about the money they pump into F1 / Aston Martin, the Indian cricket league, the ladies golf tour, there’s probably more, it’s no different.

I think there are a few reasons

1. It’s a golf forum so I’m not sure how many will be looking at the money in F1 , Aston Martin , IPL etc - I certainly don’t know but it will all be the same - sportswashing etc , The IPL for me is one of the worst things in the sport

2. Ladies Golf - there was a lot of discussion in the past about them taking the Saudi money and many called it hypocritical

As i said earlier there is a subtle difference as well - a lot of those sports etc are being sponsored by companies etc and many won’t know the back story etc

LiV is being funded directly by the Saudi state

And people have said the same thing about them buying Newcastle

Not to mention the billions in arms we sell them every year...

That’s very much a political issue and I have no doubt that many won’t be happy with it

But I’m also not aware when the relevant governments who sell these contracts have anything to do with golf tours

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bubba Watson the latest to join LIV. Another signing of a golfer that is past their peak.

Maybe there is a place for the LIV tour. It can sit between the PGA tour and the Seniors tour as a halfway house for those too old to compete at PGA level but not yet old enough for the Seniors.

The Mid-Life Crisis Tour?