LIV Golf

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe they have, and maybe it is spite, but then, I’d argue that the tours have shown nothing but spite towards LIV, so an eye for an eye….

But he will undoubtedly improve the LIV attention through Scandinavia.

So you think the other Tours should have welcomed a rival Tour starting up, taking players, hence depleting fields and starting an arms race for prize money?

Do you think Apple would welcome a massively funded new company making high end phones and tech devices?

I hope some of the other people on your planet are a bit more reasonable.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So you think the other Tours should have welcomed a rival Tour starting up, taking players, hence depleting fields and starting an arms race for prize money?

Do you think Apple would welcome a massively funded new company making high end phones and tech devices?

I hope some of the other people on your planet are a bit more reasonable.

Lol, I’d rather live on planet competition than planet monopoly Ethan, but we’re all different buddy.

The PGA had an opportunity to work with LIV, but they refused it, as obviously that have the right to.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lol, I’d rather live on planet competition than planet monopoly Ethan, but we’re all different buddy.

The PGA had an opportunity to work with LIV, but they refused it, as obviously that have the right to.

I think you live on Planet Wishful Thinking. The LIV Tour wants to bulldoze the PGA Tour and if you think they are seeking to grow the game through more competition, you are living on Planet Delusion.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
She'll have simply stated what was on her prompt sheet. Doesn't mean ALL prize money goes to players. As I posted, it might simply be the Team earnings for example. The fact that BdC was stumped could suggest something along those lines. As I've already stated, Norman is no fool.
Should a disgruntled LIV player leave that tour, we may find out more, but I don't see that happening for a year or 2, in spite of rumours.

Not sure about that, her language was pretty clear "prize purses are on top of their contracts, there is no drop...". About 28.10 of this link: BK LIV Presser
It wasn't BDC (my bad), it was Koepka, but in any event if it's Norman pulling a fast one at the expense of the players the whole thing would internally combust, and, in reality, with the amount of legal eagles involved in scrutinizing the contracts for each individual player this would be a pretty big miss.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Wasn’t that Sergio that requested that? Haven’t seen anything more on that topic since the day the story broke.

Yeah I thought he said it was changing - but also seen nothing since!

Was thinking its a bit harsh on anyone who brought fireball merch at the events...

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Yeah I thought he said it was changing - but also seen nothing since!

Was thinking its a bit harsh on anyone who brought fireball merch at the events...

Anyone that bought fireball merch at the event deserves a brand change - couldn't believe people were buying team merch at the london event, lol

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
To be fsit
Anyone that bought fireball merch at the event deserves a brand change - couldn't believe people were buying team merch at the london event, lol

To be fair, it could be worth an absolute fortune in 30 years time when the LIV series is the dominant world tour. ;-)

Reactions: SyR

AddisonRoad

Visit site
I'm also confused why anyone is putting weight behind the LIV viewing figures on YouTube. Saudi is known to operate large bot farms, I wouldn't be putting much thought into how many people are allegedly streaming the events. The real indicator will be how much a network is willing to pay for the rights to it.

SevenOverGolf

Visit site
Strong rumours that big brands will buy into the LIV teams. AT&T Rumoured as are Srixon, Adidas are another. Interesting to see how much more appeal branding will give players. I know that sounds bizarre but big companys have a ton of pull so it wouldn't surprise me to see more big names over the next 2/3 events.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm also confused why anyone is putting weight behind the LIV viewing figures on YouTube. Saudi is known to operate large bot farms, I wouldn't be putting much thought into how many people are allegedly streaming the events. The real indicator will be how much a network is willing to pay for the rights to it.

I think it is more of an issue than what a network will pay. The issue may be that other tours may not negotiate future contracts with networks showing LIV events and so the likes of Sky, the Golf Channel etc may well be excluded from the running.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Exciting times ahead for golf as it's about to change, always good to have healthy competition and it looks like LIV is here to stay and change the sport. Let's hope it's all good and look forward to how golf remodels it's self going forward. Exciting times indeed

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stenson gone
Need a new RC Captain

This is going to be huge isn't it? I mean not just a captain but I assuming vice captains can't be Liv either

So Garcia, Westwood, poulter, Stenson, kaymer, GMAC all gone as options

Luke Donald best keep his phone at the ready but I mean how many can he pick from? And with them being at tail end of their careers what's to stop live trying to buy them?