LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 1418

Interesting that LIV golf highlights, with their 'big names' and massive reporting and hype across all media platforms, gets over 500k views.

And Rick Shiels' latest offering - "only" a YouTube golfer with literally no MSM coverage gets over 300k views.

Surely LIV should be dwarfing Rick and his contemporaries (Finch etc al)?

Watched both and enjoyed Rick's more.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Total number of views from each days live stream.

Measured when and how for comparison? YouTube algorithm modifies the numbers after the livestream has ended and it's subject to how Liv Golf republish the stream.

For example - my highlight shows they've made some sort of republishing that's lost the livestream numbers for Day 1 so we can't make a fair bet. Hence my suggestion of something a little more specific.

Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 11.02.26.png

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting that LIV golf highlights, with their 'big names' and massive reporting and hype across all media platforms, gets over 500k views.

And Rick Shiels' latest offering - "only" a YouTube golfer with literally no MSM coverage gets over 300k views.

Surely LIV should be dwarfing Rick and his contemporaries (Finch etc al)?

Watched both and enjoyed Rick's more.

Liv golf has 87k followers
Rick has upwards of 2 million

They should have got him on tour!

Thanks for reminding me to watch break 75

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you're unable to see that you're in an echo chamber of a vocal minority. A momentary disruptive event like this will always make a splash and generate an initial peak of interest but it's the long tail retention and engagement of the silent majority that actually matters.

I disagree that the numbers are healthy. They are also almost impossible to interpret at this point in time because what will really matter is retention for growth over time.

I want to see it when it goes to the USA, let's face it, most UK based golf tournaments are a turn over bore fest, stuffy, silent galleries, crap weather, bland courses, and yes I include The Open on this.
Over the pond the crowds are louder, courses look mint and the golf just seems more exciting IMO.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why is there an obsession with the game being LOUDER? I don't want to watch some drunken lout bellowing 'mashed potato', or a massive group of 'look at me' inebriates chucking beer onto the greens. My interest is in watching the participants, i.e the golfers, displaying their skills in a meaningful contest on a course that provides a thorough test of their ability.

I appreciate that I am knocking on heaven's door, and therefore old fashioned. But if there is to be innovation, it should not revolve around allowing spectators freedom to become the centre of attention.

www.hiltonpark.net
And if no one challenges the PGA what will change ? will you see more golf outside of USA ? I think not, they take all the great golfers from other countries and give nothing back.
I think this is a fair point and the PGA has invited this upon themselves with how US centric the preeminent tour is. I've always been in favour of the PGA major being permanently overseas as a bare minimum
Unfortunately I don't really see the Saudis motives as anything other than self serving (sportwashing) as well and I can't dissociate what they do as a country on human rights.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So far it’s awesome ? loads of people here

Hope you have a good day ?

I've been to two british masters and the open last year really enjoyed them

Think I'd enjoy being there today but helping out the coverage for the cause.... Keeps the wife happy. I'll make do with YouTube

The entertain looks insane

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Interesting, just seen something on Twitter about how corrupt the PGA Tour and DP wOrld Tour are becoming,.

Monahan took a salary of 3.9 million dollars in 2017, which would have put him firmly into the top 20 of the money list on the tour.
6500 for an entry into the Korn Ferry Q School. Approx 5 grand in total for anybody wanting to get into the EuropeanTour. Seniors Tour now a closed shop apparently.

It isn't just the guys that have gone to the LIV that are in it for the money.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Interesting, just seen something on Twitter about how corrupt the PGA Tour and DP wOrld Tour are becoming,.

Monahan took a salary of 3.9 million dollars in 2017, which would have put him firmly into the top 20 of the money list on the tour.
6500 for an entry into the Korn Ferry Q School. Approx 5 grand in total for anybody wanting to get into the EuropeanTour. Seniors Tour now a closed shop apparently.

How does any of that make them corrupt?

D

Deleted member 1418

Surely anyone associated with the professional game is in it for the money, especially the players! If the players weren't they'd stay amateur!! ?

What the LIV guys have chosen - especially those who are realising their best days are behind them - is to grab a piece of the vast sums on offer that are way above what they could earn on whatever tour they previously played on.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
How does any of that make them corrupt?

Monahan is on about 7 million a year now.

The PGA Tour operates as a not for profit organisation - based on it's claims of it's charity work, and gets many tax breaks from the IRS because of this.

3% of the PGA Tours money goes to charities, around double of what the commisoner takes for himself.

Corrupt.

D

Deleted member 1418

The PGA Tour operates as a not for profit organisation - based on it's claims of it's charity work, and gets many tax breaks from the IRS because of this.

3% of the PGA Tours money goes to charities, around double of what the commisoner takes for himself.

Corrupt.

How much is Greg taking from the Saudi's?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Corrupt.

Still not sure how that is corrupt.

As you seem to like a bit of whataboutery

Have you had a look at the people funding the LIV tour? Even big Phil himself has been involved in actual corruption!

Barking_Mad

Visit site

Corrupt.

Thank goodness we have the Saudi regime to stamp out the corruption at the top of golf.