LIV Golf

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why dont they shcedule their tournaments from September through to February? The FedEx Cup has finished, there are still opportunities to host in the US, plus over the world. That would make far more sense.

They have 15 events next year I suspect they will fill those gaps

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't know how much you spread yourself across Social Media, but trust me, it's been hugely popular. It will take time to build the crowdbase, but I suspect at the next event in the US, the crowd will be much more involved, especially given the addition of a couple more players.

Saying Phil and DJ are not big names is absolute horseshit, Phil is one of THE biggest names in golf, he's a journalists dream, there is ALWAYS a story to write about him.

I know you have a different opinion, but I also know a LOT of people would agree with mine.

And on he question of your interest or disinterest in LIV ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
From an Australian point of view I hope they schedule an Event here, only way for us to see top golf, the PGA could not care less about anyone but themselves, it can also be an opportunity for other Countries to get to see Events.
Id hope they do as well, at least for know, the event in Thailand means you can watch via TV at a reasonable time of day.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Day 1 highlights have had over half a million views on You Tube.
Is that also pathetic?

So many are desperate for this to fail.

Good viewing numbers

Better pros than expected

It's funny how as soon as a player leaves their suddenly in decline, never that good anyways or just awful

I wonder if Rory went they would all turn and say oh he never wins majors anymore anyways

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know how much you spread yourself across Social Media, but trust me, it's been hugely popular.

I think you're unable to see that you're in an echo chamber of a vocal minority. A momentary disruptive event like this will always make a splash and generate an initial peak of interest but it's the long tail retention and engagement of the silent majority that actually matters.

I disagree that the numbers are healthy. They are also almost impossible to interpret at this point in time because what will really matter is retention for growth over time.

AussieKB

Visit site
Id hope they do as well, at least for know, the event in Thailand means you can watch via TV at a reasonable time of day.
Group of us (20-30) go every year to Thailand (Hua Hin) to play golf for two weeks except for the last 2 years (Covid) it is a fantastic country to visit, also cost wise, very cheap, so maybe I will be there when they have their event.

AussieKB

Visit site
I think you're unable to see that you're in an echo chamber of a vocal minority. A momentary disruptive event like this will always make a splash and generate an initial peak of interest but it's the long tail retention and engagement of the silent majority that actually matters.

I disagree that the numbers are healthy. They are also almost impossible to interpret at this point in time because what will really matter is retention for growth over time.
And if no one challenges the PGA what will change ? will you see more golf outside of USA ? I think not, they take all the great golfers from other countries and give nothing back.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And if no one challenges the PGA what will change ? will you see more golf outside of USA ? I think not, they take all the great golfers from other countries and give nothing back.

Growing the game just means growing the PGA in relation to everything else

Let's see what the dp world tour do in relation to djs application

They could suddenly find themselves on a level playing field with the PGA if more jump ship and join their tour to keep rankins

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Day 1 highlights have had over half a million views on You Tube.
Is that also pathetic?

For those that don't know this only means half a million people watched for at least 30 seconds.

A randomly picked comparison: a single Women's NBA basketball game in 2021 got 700K views on YouTube.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Well, I’d rather be on an echo chamber than have my head in the sand, all day, every day.
£20 to the charity of your choice that the viewing numbers at least double for the next event. Are we on?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Irrelevant to my point - I made no opinion on the PGA - I'm only stating the view of what constitutes great success in YouTube's audience.

50K peak concurrency in my profession is an abject failure when you consider that Z-list celebrities can get over 1 million peak concurrency just by unveiling a new Minecraft costume.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is your problem?

People in general (not saying this is jimroids problem) want it to fail and will pick holes in it

Once the issue of money is put to one side as every single person agreed Saudi are dodgy and the funding is dodgy the actual event itself is interesting and different

But some people just don't want to see it succeed so will jump on any little negative to bash it

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
For those that don't know this only means half a million people watched for at least 30 seconds.

A randomly picked comparison: a single Women's NBA basketball game in 2021 got 700K views on YouTube.
And for comparison, when McIlroy won the RBC Open in 2019, the highlights of his final winning round have had 775k views, in 3 years.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, I’d rather be on an echo chamber than have my head in the sand, all day, every day.
£20 to the charity of your choice that the viewing numbers at least double for the next event. Are we on?

An echo chamber is nearly always wrong.

I'll take the bet provided we are measuring the same thing? So what will it be. Views of Round 1 highlights as it's observed on the following Saturday morning?

Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 10.52.07.png