LIV Golf

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Must say this has been an enjoyable watch.. it will be over by what half 6 .. 7 Ish ...so not bad for an entire event

The next one will be even more interesting with bigger stars coming ... And it will start say 6 or something and be over by 11

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Some guys at the club are watching

They are at the 18th green - waiting 15 mins so far and no one has got to the green

Must be Kevin Na ?

The official word is a sell out - many freebies but lads saying there are lots of spaces etc , it’s a decent crowd but not that big -
Not that old chestnut ??

Just admit you’re watching it Phil ?‍♂️?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And neither would I.
I don’t know you or Phil but the bickering and name calling is a bit childish, perhaps we can focus on the event?

Been trying to do that for what a week? Just the same argument about the funding over and over .. draw a line under that we all agree on the funding

Now the golf

It's actually pretty good

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well I was enjoying that but I'm out, we've just had the pgat nonsense calling it a flatstick!!
It's a putter, c'mon LIV get it together

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Been trying to do that for what a week? Just the same argument about the funding over and over .. draw a line under that we all agree on the funding

Now the golf

It's actually pretty good

You can just not reply if the idea of people being upset about stoned to death homosexuals is a bit much for you.

Anyway, as you say, ignoring that slight issue, back to people knocking balls into a hole for $200m

;)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ignoring the fact that the money comes from Saudi, I've got no interest in watching it simply because it's not the elite players and I don't support anyone that is taking part. If I watch a sporting event live I want to either have a personal connection to it, such as knowing some of the players involved, supporting that team or it being the best in the world competing. I go to watch Colchester United live because I support the team. I might go down to watch Beccles Town CC v Swaffham CC in a couple of weeks because my brother is playing. I watch the Champions League to watch the best players in the world competing. I wouldn't go down to my local park to watch a football match played by two amateur teams unless I had a personal connection. At the minute the LIV golf isn't about being the best by competing against the best and if I'm going to give up my time to watch, that's what I want to see, like the golf majors.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ignoring the fact that the money comes from Saudi, I've got no interest in watching it simply because it's not the elite players and I don't support anyone that is taking part. If I watch a sporting event live I want to either have a personal connection to it, such as knowing some of the players involved, supporting that team or it being the best in the world competing. I go to watch Colchester United live because I support the team. I might go down to watch Beccles Town CC v Swaffham CC in a couple of weeks because my brother is playing. I watch the Champions League to watch the best players in the world competing. I wouldn't go down to my local park to watch a football match played by two amateur teams unless I had a personal connection. At the minute the LIV golf isn't about being the best by competing against the best and if I'm going to give up my time to watch, that's what I want to see, like the golf majors.

What about when byrson arrives?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about when byrson arrives?

Nope, still not interested. If they've got over 50% of the top 20 or 50 in the world rankings playing then I will probably give it a watch if I've got nothing else on (which is the same attitude I have with any regular PGA tour event - if I'm at home and it's on then I might watch it but I won't be setting an alarm or turning down other things purely to watch it). Other than that to me it would be like popping down to watch Grimsby v Chesterfield in the Vanarama National League. I've got no connection to either team and I'm clearly not watching the best players in the world so why am I watching when I've got many better things I could be doing.

D

Deleted member 31467

I've not read all the thread so this may have already been asked but what happens when more than 48 guys want to play?