LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Heard a couple of serious observers of the game on it today, and dress it up how LIV might, each identified the failure to nail a reputable broadcaster as their biggest failure. Youtube is a not wanted damage limitation action and they are desperate to jump to the mainstream sport media. Media companies not willing to risk controversy or relations with the established tours at the moment apparently until they see how it plays out.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using YouTube as a streaming service, but it will go to a broadcaster, there's absolutely no doubt about that.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Everywhere buddy, I watched it while fitting a shower screen in Cabo Roig, Spain. Just needed my phone and a 3G connection.
That wasn't the question. It was, is youtube the only medium world wide or has it some traditional channels in the USA or elsewhere in the world ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
That wasn't the question. It was, is youtube the only medium world wide or has it some traditional channels in the USA or elsewhere in the world ?

No the question was ..."Isn't it only on the YouTube in the UK? Who had it in the USA?", and I answered "everywhere".

It was on You Tube everywhere, or Facebook, or the Liv website. That's the answer to any questions as to how it was broadcast.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No the question was ..."Isn't it only on the YouTube in the UK? Who had it in the USA?", and I answered "everywhere".

It was on You Tube everywhere, or Facebook, or the Liv website. That's the answer to any questions as to how it was broadcast.

What I find strange is all companies have refused it thus far but are fine to broadcast any of the following

DP world tour in Saudi
F1 including Saudi
Boxing In Saudi
WWE in Saudi

But aren't happy to broadcast an event in England

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
What I find strange is all companies have refused it thus far but are fine to broadcast any of the following

DP world tour in Saudi
F1 including Saudi
Boxing In Saudi
WWE in Saudi

Have they refused it? I'm sure Norman has said somewhere that he has 9 parties interested in either direct broadcasting or over the top coverage, but I might be wrong.

The commentary team were making a solid point about it being on You Tube today, maybe that's just part of the strategy. The guys paying for Sky, or the Golf channel etc will feel loyal to the PGA tour, because they are effectively in bed with them. I think we can see that resonating on here tbh.

Swango1980

Visit site

DP world tour in Saudi
F1 including Saudi
Boxing In Saudi
WWE in Saudi

I presume Sky are worried about upsetting the PGA, and the PGA refusing to sell their rights to them in future? Or, maybe there is something in their contract with the PGA to not have any conflicting interests?

Not sure about other broadcasters though? For example, could BT not have asked to show it? Or any freeview channel, with LIV Tour still offering to show it on youtube to get it off the ground.

To be honest, I'm not sure if it has all been a bit rushed, and maybe the speed of it has even surprised the organisers? The website is poor, I'd have thought there would be live leaderboards and all sorts of other content. Is there an App? If it takes off and fans are interested, the broadcasting companies will definitely get more interested.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Matt Wolff and pat perez rumoured to be joining soon aswell

Byrson
Fowler
Wolff
Perez
Reed

That's 5 more then already