LIV Golf

Fore Right

Visit site
And to the earlier question re teams. No. Nobody is watching or caring about the teams element. Its a bad bad misjudgement by LIV to try to make teams happen. Its not going to happen. No matter how high Bryson jumps on the spot.

PIF should have bought IPL, or bought into rugby, and grown those games, if they wanted a team/franchise/merchandising/moneyising element to their sports business model. It shows how they dont understand golf that they are trying to teamify it. All it does is open it to further ridicule.
Dont you think that should really say YOU are not watching or caring because there are some people who like the team element.

Personally I like it and root for Rahms team at every event and hope they win the team championship at the end of the year which is the best event with the matchplay element.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
And to the earlier question re teams. No. Nobody is watching or caring about the teams element. Its a bad bad misjudgement by LIV to try to make teams happen. Its not going to happen. No matter how high Bryson jumps on the spot.

PIF should have bought IPL, or bought into rugby, and grown those games, if they wanted a team/franchise/merchandising/moneyising element to their sports business model. It shows how they dont understand golf that they are trying to teamify it. All it does is open it to further ridicule.

They have actually looked into investing in English club rugby but with the financial restrictions (salary caps, limited losses etc) I don't think they'd be able to splash the cash and get any tangible or intangible return on their investment so I think its all gone quiet.

The only thing I think they would get from rugby would be access to some pretty senior corporate partners due to the old boys network still being pretty prevalent in the sport.

simsini

Visit site
Dont you think that should really say YOU are not watching or caring because there are some people who like the team element.

Personally I like it and root for Rahms team at every event and hope they win the team championship at the end of the year which is the best event with the matchplay element.
I like the team element, the only thing at the moment for me is that they don't really sell much merchandise in this country. That's why I'm intrigued with the Stuburt clothing that's coming out soon. Travis Mathew supply Legion III, so I'm surprised I can't buy their stuff yet too.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

Not really, its somewhat of a generalisation, and not correct in a computer logical sense. But broadly, its an accurate representation, compared to what one might expect from an aspiring global reach sport. So colloquially, nobody is watching of following LIV teams, is a fair statement.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'm fairly sure that last year one of the LIV players gave an interview after the round and said that he knew that he needed two putts to help his team and therefore he'd tried to make two putts rather than sinking his original putt. Not sure who it was but I'm sure one of the LIV watchers will be able to tell us.
Munoz I expect, don't think it was quite as you quoted and I'm typically conscious of microphones being stuck in front of people in emotional situations, especially when not in native language.
Long, tricky putt with a low make %.
No-one can 'decide to hole it'.

If it had gone in I suspect he'd say 'was trying to hole it to win the individual', same if he'd blasted it by and 3 jabbed.

IMO pros are ingrained into moving focus away from their fallibility - in order to stay sane!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The pu
Munoz I expect, don't think it was quite as you quoted and I'm typically conscious of microphones being stuck in front of people in emotional situations, especially when not in native language.
Long, tricky putt with a low make %.
No-one can 'decide to hole it'.

If it had gone in I suspect he'd say 'was trying to hole it to win the individual', same if he'd blasted it by and 3 jabbed.

IMO pros are ingrained into moving focus away from their fallibility - in order to stay sane!

The putt is on the highlights from Orlando. He under hits it, it’s still 3 or 4 feet short but looked to be on target. I suspect the nerves got hold of him a little.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Not really, its somewhat of a generalisation, and not correct in a computer logical sense. But broadly, its an accurate representation, compared to what one might expect from an aspiring global reach sport. So colloquially, nobody is watching of following LIV teams, is a fair statement.
I think it depends at what point it resonates with you (or predisposition to LIV generally) or if the team element ever will; I wasn't bothered by it until Rahm & Hatton got together. Don't love the name, but like those guys so it's become more interesting - at least to me.

cleveland52

Visit site
I'm not trying to be obtuse mate - just trying to look at this sensibly. If a player is out of contention as you originally said - the ranking points they'd sacrifice lagging a putt would be negligible.

If they're up at the sharp end and have a chance of moving into 3rd or 4th place - that will influence them to try and make the putt rather than lag one for the team.

This is all assuming all the necessary factors are in place to make this scenario happen - which will always be pretty rare. The team leaderboard is fast moving on the final day - and with the last two groups going off the 1st tee - wouldn't all the other players rounds need to be pretty much finished to give this player the perfect scenario of knowing he can lag a putt?
"I'm not trying to be obtuse mate - just trying to look at this sensibly."

You are being obtuse. It's been explained to you many times but you refuse to accept an explanation that anyone with a reasonable mind should be able to comprehend. Quit trying to spin it to suit your narrative. But i digress.. 🤣

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
"I'm not trying to be obtuse mate - just trying to look at this sensibly."

You are being obtuse. It's been explained to you many times but you refuse to accept an explanation that anyone with a reasonable mind should be able to comprehend. Quit trying to spin it to suit your narrative. But i digress.. 🤣

Scroll along to 4hrs 58mins 45 secs, and you'll see the putt. If he's intentionally lagging it up - it's a terrible effort. He leaves himself a really tricky one in order to get the team win. I said it was 15ft earlier but it's nearer 30, if not more.
I've already said the team prize was probably part of his approach to the putt, but it's far too ambiguous of a situation - which requires a pretty rare set of circumstances in order to be a factor, to be using as a valid reason to say that LIV players cannot be ranked on their golfing ability.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Was just catching up with Masters news on their website, and due to fat fingers ended up on a player's bio. Read a few more.
Have always been fine with anyone having opinions, and it's okay to not be for something. But this 'close eyes and look in other direction, pretend it doesn't exist' stuff just comes across as so petty to me. 🤷‍♂️

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The guys on Bunkered reviewing yesterdays play, saying while they are fans of Bryson, they do not want him to win because of what would come from the "insufferable LIV bot gentleman's appendages".
Is it a deliberate policy from LIV for its social media stooges to be such a turn off for golf fans, even if if prompts this type of feeling agains LIV players ? Or is it a bad misjudgement from LIV, and a less obnoxious fake fanboy tone would have a better effect to win fans to LIV ?
Is this all coming from Norman's confrontational, vendetta motivation against the PGAT, and really, more to the detriment of LIV making itself attractive, than helpful ?

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right thread but hey ho.
After watching The Masters this weekend I forgot just how little golf we actually see on the Sky coverage. I appreciate Augusta are hard asses and limit what is shown but there seemed to be adverts every 10 minutes. I’ll be interested to see just how much is shown at the upcoming majors 🤔
In the meantime roll on the next LIV event where it’s wall to wall golf…albeit only for 3 days 🤣

wjemather

Visit site
After watching The Masters this weekend I forgot just how little golf we actually see on the Sky coverage. I appreciate Augusta are hard asses and limit what is shown but there seemed to be adverts every 10 minutes. I’ll be interested to see just how much is shown at the upcoming majors 🤔
In the meantime roll on the next LIV event where it’s wall to wall golf…albeit only for 3 days 🤣
If we'd had the pure CBS feed, i.e. without Sky plugging some gaps with shots from the Masters feeds (Amen corner, 15 & 16, featured groups, etc.), it would have been even worse.

D-S

Visit site
I watched most of yesterday via the Amen Corner feed on the red button. You get to see all the players come through and once the leaders played 13 I switched to the main feed. After watching a few hours of ad free, uninterrupted golf, with sparse commentary and no switching back to the studio and being able to listen to the conversations between the players and their caddies, it was striking how bad a watch the main Live Golf feed was.

simsini

Visit site
If we'd had the pure CBS feed, i.e. without Sky plugging some gaps with shots from the Masters feeds (Amen corner, 15 & 16, featured groups, etc.), it would have been even worse.
It seemed like they were only showing 6 players or so, and even then they were ofter 5 minutes after they'd actually played.

Fore Right

Visit site
Great result for Tyrell at The Masters to guarantee his return to Augusta next year as his OWGR ranking may not have secured a place in a years time.

He did move from 19th - 16th in OWGR, Was 12th in the world when he made the move to Liv.