LIV Golf

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Said many times in this thread about brooks being a injured has been

It’s great he’s got himself back healthy he’s a straight up major killer at his best

It’s very good to see him playing with confidence again. Wouldn’t complain if he’s pictured in a green jacket soon! (Would prefer a European though)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Said many times in this thread about brooks being a injured has been

It’s great he’s got himself back healthy he’s a straight up major killer at his best
He looked in a real bad place mentally in the full swing documentary. Looks like the LIV break has done him some good.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My only concern with the designated events is that it means the other events carry less weight, and if you never get big names in those events they might die out. As why would anyone want to sponsor them if there is little to no "names" involved?
Designated events is an attempt to monopolise pure and simple. Same for team leagues etc in LIV. committing golfers to tournaments is great for TV but is restricting the wider game.

Maybe I should be all for it as I’ve said for ages that I’d rather see the top 50 mens and top 50 women (separate comps) tee it up one the same course for the same money in their respective competition, with cuts to 25. A natural thinking of fields might bring us to this in years to come.

D

Deleted member 21445

Considering all these Liv golfers are
past their best
dont play proper golf
have given up on being competitive
are not bothered about winning anymore at the top level

Seems to be plenty of them at the top of the leaderboard at The Masters right now.

What ever happens that misconception has been put to bed.

As a massive Seve, Garcia and Olazabal fan im hoping JR can get over the line here #Espana

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
past their best
dont play proper golf

Seems to be plenty of them at the top of the leaderboard at The Masters right now.

As a massive Seve, Garcia and Olazabal fan im hoping JR can get over the line here #Espana
Have always said LIV has five of the worlds top golfers. That is not in question. The criticism of LIV, golfwise, is that those 5 are playing against mediocre opposition. That remains a fact. LIV failure has been not bolstering those five with another five or 10 top flight golfers, and ditching the past-its. This is not a misconception. But the correct analysis of why LIV has failed to form a real, competitive, tour.

D

Deleted member 21445

Have always said LIV has five of the worlds top golfers. That is not in question. The criticism of LIV, golfwise, is that those 5 are playing against mediocre opposition. That remains a fact. LIV failure has been not bolstering those five with another five or 10 top flight golfers, and ditching the past-its. This is not a misconception. But the correct analysis of why LIV has failed to form a real, competitive, tour.

Yeah only 5 good golfers on Liv.... Defo no more than that... yeah good one

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
past their best
dont play proper golf

It's the depth of the field that has been one of the biggest criticism of LIV not whether they have any of the top golfers. Anyone that says that Koepka, Reed, Smith and Johnson aren't four of the best 20/30 golfers currently playing clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

Having said that, I didn't expect to see Mickleson perform as well as he has this week. I genuinely thought that he was past his best and would never be seen at the top end of a major leaderboard again.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
It's the depth of the field that has been one of the biggest criticism of LIV not whether they have any of the top golfers. Anyone that says that Koepka, Reed, Smith and Johnson aren't four of the best 20/30 golfers currently playing clearly doesn't know what they're talking about.

Having said that, I didn't expect to see Mickleson perform as well as he has this week. I genuinely thought that he was past his best and would never be seen at the top end of a major leaderboard again.

Mickelson is world class, for me his age is against him doing it week in / out, but on his week, completely capable.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mickelson is world class, for me his age is against him doing it week in / out, but on his week, completely capable.

Mickleson definitely WAS world class but in my opinion that time has passed. He's had an unbelievable week and shown what he's capable of when he's at his absolute best but sadly I think those weeks are now very much the exception rather than the rule. There are too many good younger golfers coming through that mean that Phil's chances of competing at the very top level are going to become fewer an fewer in the next couple of years.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Mickleson definitely WAS world class but in my opinion that time has passed. He's had an unbelievable week and shown what he's capable of when he's at his absolute best but sadly I think those weeks are now very much the exception rather than the rule. There are too many good younger golfers coming through that mean that Phil's chances of competing at the very top level are going to become fewer an fewer in the next couple of years.

Lots of players in that bracket then, but Phil still probably the best in that age group.