LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

Have they said who is actually playing in any of the events. What PGA/ET event do they clash with

D

Deleted member 15344

TBH, does that really matter if the cost of entry for the public is reasonable? Many go watch the good amateurs, so why not lower level pro's playing for some serious money?

Sorry I was just asking if they have announced what players are actually playing at the events ?‍♂️ Not sure the relevance of your reply to what I asked ?

D

Deleted member 15344

My point was, would it matter who the players were to the paying/watching public?

Ok - but I was wanting to know if any players had been announced that were playing , nothing to do with paying public ?‍♂️

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If they can get it through the first 2 years, they'll have something to really challenge the PGA Tour. And the reaction from that body suggests that it's about time!

Jason.H

Visit site
Sorry I was just asking if they have announced what players are actually playing at the events ?‍♂️ Not sure the relevance of your reply to what I asked ?
PGA players won’t want to put their names out there just yet look what happened a while back. I think players will be queuing up for it if the money is there and well payed even when missing the cut ect.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
NLU said that they were playing for 70% of the yearly PGA purse across 8 events. Interesting to see who chases the Saudi money whist the best players have turned their backs. One of the events is at a Trump course too. Saudi's + Trump, quite the misogynistic duo.

evemccc

Visit site
Aside from anything else, NLU have a vested interest in the continuation of the predominance of the PGA Tour as it is - in terms of their access, content etc

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I see that they are only 3 day events.

This is the connection between Performance 54 - they are 54 hole events, and the name of the series LIV - 54 in Roman numerals.

You've probably all seen that Rick Shiels company is part owned by performance 54, plus a few other influencers.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
By the way, I like the concept, and I like that the PGA tour is being challenged - although I'm dissapointed that they've staged so many events in the USA.

I don't like the fact that the money is coming from Saudi, but then, as we are now seeing with the Oligarchs in Russia, the wealthiest people on the planet have their fingers in many western pies, and there's a very good chance that a lot of prize money on the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour etc, come from pretty dirty origins.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
By the way, I like the concept, and I like that the PGA tour is being challenged - although I'm dissapointed that they've staged so many events in the USA.

I don't like the fact that the money is coming from Saudi, but then, as we are now seeing with the Oligarchs in Russia, the wealthiest people on the planet have their fingers in many western pies, and there's a very good chance that a lot of prize money on the PGA Tour and the DP World Tour etc, come from pretty dirty origins.

The Saudis have a initiative called Vision 2030 whereby they want to diversify their economy and essentially reduce their reliance on oil money.

To do this they are using public/state money such as the PIF to invest in or start up companies overseas to give themselves a presence and foothold in international markets. The investment in Newcastle, LIV golf and other investments in/ start up companies are all examples of this.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

I agree with the sentiments of the first paragraph and your point about Saudi. But sponsorship of Golf (or Tennis etc) tournaments by companies is far more visible than the sort of dodgy dealing that I believe is/has been involved with Russian corporate manouvering. Public companies, at least in UK, US and other Western countries have far too much to lose by being associated with companies controlled by oligarchs imo. That's not to say that there won't be investment by 'bad' folk/oganisations in those, supposedly clean, companies, just not in order to control/get control of them.