LIV Golf

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
They dropped Cypress Point because they did not have a black member, there response was they can go on the waiting list like everyone else, 9 year wait....

Since then, they do have black members, Condy Rice for one, but they are in no hurry to host an event.
So everyone's happy!
This past week at Pebble Beach a lot of the star pro's went and played Cypress Point and quite a few of the celebs are Members there, so why haven't the PGA sanctioned them ? just a WOKE organisation.
Because they have no control over their (independent contractor) members outside their PGA obligations. Similar applies to the celebs!
So, legal requirements aside, not an actively 'woke organisation'!
As for Steve Williams you should remember that after Tigger holed the last putt to win another tournament he would rip the bib off on the green after replacing the flag.
Plenty of pics of him with Valvoline logo showing while wearing bib with both Tiger or Scott!

Last edited by a moderator:

phillarrow

Visit site
They dropped Cypress Point because they did not have a black member, there response was they can go on the waiting list like everyone else, 9 year wait....

Since then, they do have black members, Condy Rice for one, but they are in no hurry to host an event.
This past week at Pebble Beach a lot of the star pro's went and played Cypress Point and quite a few of the celebs are Members there, so why haven't the PGA sanctioned them ? just a WOKE organisation.

So who misses out ? the Pro's because they rate the course highly (rated No.2 in US) and general public seeing a great course.

As for Steve Williams you should remember that after Tigger holed the last putt to win another tournament he would rip the bib off on the green after replacing the flag.

So the fact that the PGA felt it was wrong that by 1990 some of these private courses had no black members, means that the PGA is woke? Are you for real?

As for why the PGA haven't sanctioned players for playing there, it wasn't an official event so why would they? That would be like sanctioning someone for playing in their mate's back yard! And if they had sanctioned them - wouldn't that be even more woke? Or cancel culture? Or whatever childish phrase you want to hide your prejudice behind?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mickelson rapidly running out of sponsorships.....Workday and Callaway re-evaluating their relationships.....
Seems the sponsors don't like the way it's panning out....

AussieKB

Visit site
So the fact that the PGA felt it was wrong that by 1990 some of these private courses had no black members, means that the PGA is woke? Are you for real?

As for why the PGA haven't sanctioned players for playing there, it wasn't an official event so why would they? That would be like sanctioning someone for playing in their mate's back yard! And if they had sanctioned them - wouldn't that be even more woke? Or cancel culture? Or whatever childish phrase you want to hide your prejudice behind?
Where is my prejudice ? I play on a regular basis with black people, stay at their house and they come an spend weekends with me, take overseas golf holidays that I arrange. If my club has a waiting list of 9 years then why does anyone get to jump the queue on what ever colour you are ?

phillarrow

Visit site
Where is my prejudice ? I play on a regular basis with black people, stay at their house and they come an spend weekends with me, take overseas golf holidays that I arrange. If my club has a waiting list of 9 years then why does anyone get to jump the queue on what ever colour you are ?

I can't be racist, some of my best friends are black. As hilarious as it is tragic.

If you have to ask why an exclusively white members club, that stays exclusively white for many years after all others around it become diverse, should allow black people to 'jump the queue' (because 1990 would represent a rapid rise for black people wouldn't it?!?!) , then you're not worth the time it would take to discuss this issue with. ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mickelson rapidly running out of sponsorships.....Workday and Callaway re-evaluating their relationships.....
Seems the sponsors don't like the way it's panning out....

I think most if not all will distance themselves from Mickleson sooner rather than later. He is going to find himself very alone wherever he plays his golf

AussieKB

Visit site
I can't be racist, some of my best friends are black. As hilarious as it is tragic.

If you have to ask why an exclusively white members club, that stays exclusively white for many years after all others around it become diverse, should allow black people to 'jump the queue' (because 1990 would represent a rapid rise for black people wouldn't it?!?!) , then you're not worth the time it would take to discuss this issue with. ?
Is that like an Only Men's Golf Club now allowing Women to join is OK ?
Anyway we are off topic, bye and good golfing.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Just to clarify for everyone: the PGA and the PGA Tour are two separate organizations. The PGA Tour controls the Players, The FedEx Cup and all the regulat Tour events. The PGA controls the PGA Championship, The Ryder Cup and The President's Cup. Augusta National controls The Masters, The Royal and Ancient controls The Open Championship and the USGA controls The US Open.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Just been thinking would I be tempted to go and watch? Think I would just out of curiosity more than anything

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just been thinking would I be tempted to go and watch? Think I would just out of curiosity more than anything
If it's a tournament with top pro's playing in it then why not? Does it matter to Joe Punter who the 'tour' running it is? It might matter to the US tour as they have the most to lose but to the average golf viewer it doesn't matter.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it's a tournament with top pro's playing in it then why not? Does it matter to Joe Punter who the 'tour' running it is? It might matter to the US tour as they have the most to lose but to the average golf viewer it doesn't matter.
Especially if it's at courses not normally used by the pro's and thus easier to get to for the public.