LIV Golf

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Jesus H Christ.......is that really the best they could come up with?
Need to fund a decent marketing department...sod the golfers.......

D

Deleted member 29109

This whole thing has to be an elaborate joke ?

Just need Ant and Dec to reveal themselves now.

D280D977-32DA-4265-9B84-0BB251BEC220.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1147

What were the numbers like back in 2018(?) when the USPGA championship was shown online?

Springveldt

Visit site
How would DJ showing form make the PGA look bad?

If he doesn’t win the the first event by a good margin he’s going to look a bit silly.

And if he does win? Well, he beat a load of players that couldn’t even qualify for the KF tour. Well done!
C'mon. Golf is hard.

It's only 3 rounds as well. There are multiple people in the field who are capable of shooting 3 good rounds.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's pathetic. The sad thing is, the people behind this probably don't even recognise what a nonsense it is. It's like a corporate day team building bit of fluff.

How many young people watch golf? Who are the future of the game

When I was under 25 I found golf so boring I never watched

Apart from keen golfers how many will watch it?

This isn't to appeal to the likes of the people on here who love golf, love the game. It's to appeal to the mass market who are indifferent

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
That's why it is so revealing of how out of touch they are - "Let's have a team and call them The Crushers. That's really cool, and will transform golf's appeal. They kids will love it!".
:rolleyes:

Springveldt

Visit site
People 'devote their lives' to many things greater than hitting a ball round a field, but don't get paid much either. Golfers win the US Amateur, play in the Masters and disappear into the 'golfing background' on a regular basis. Personally I like to persevere at things I like doing as the personal reward makes it worthwhile, but I suppose if the 'tough spell' so early on means he's just going to give up and chase the money, then it perhaps suggests he's not really after hte glory, just the cash - which is his prerogative.
Maybe he needs to chase the cash to allow him a run at the glory? Mini tour players don't make that much and often rely on sponsors etc. The "tough spell" early on kills a lot of careers as people need money to live.

I note Alex Fitzpatrick was offered a lot of money ($2m) , but after speaking to his brother and family turned it down. Fair play to him.
https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/alex-fitzpatrick-turns-down-dollar2m-to-join-saudi-league
Fair play to them.
I guess it's easier to do when you have a multi millionaire brother no doubt willing to help you out. He'll get a load of sponsorship offers just because he's Matt's brother.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
How many young people watch golf? Who are the future of the game

When I was under 25 I found golf so boring I never watched

Apart from keen golfers how many will watch it?

This isn't to appeal to the likes of the people on here who love golf, love the game. It's to appeal to the mass market who are indifferent

I think inside the PGA Tour ideas like this (but executed better) would be a welcome change. On its own, I'm far from convinced it will work.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think inside the PGA Tour ideas like this (but executed better) would be a welcome change. On its own, I'm far from convinced it will work.

For me if out of this it forces the PGA to change and host a few fun events like this.. more relaxed .. diff atmosphere etc along side their serious events .. why not?

Springveldt

Visit site
That's why it is so revealing of how out of touch they are - "Let's have a team and call them The Crushers. That's really cool, and will transform golf's appeal. They kids will love it!".
:rolleyes:
Dunno about The Crushers but I love the Majesticks. :ROFLMAO:

These team names are so cheesy they might actually work. Getting complete Dodgeball vibes with these names, just need the teams to come running out to the first tee through a tunnel filled with smoke and all start jumping around high fiving each other.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am guessing that this is not paid for in any way to watch on youtube. If so, seems odd to me that we have golf on a free to air medium that most people can access and that is seen as a negative point. I remember the outrage when free to air golf left terrestrial TV and how that was going to be a disaster for the uptake of the game, especially amongst the younger generation. Now we have free to air golf on a medium more likely to be used by the younger generation and that is a bad thing.

I will watch it simply because I do not watch enough golf to justify a Sky subscription for it so this is perfect. May even motivate me to get back out on the course again.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
For me if out of this it forces the PGA to change and host a few fun events like this.. more relaxed .. diff atmosphere etc along side their serious events .. why not?

I know a guy based in Florida who is adamant the PGA are looking to introduce 12 hole events.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am guessing that this is not paid for in any way to watch on youtube. If so, seems odd to me that we have golf on a free to air medium that most people can access and that is seen as a negative point. I remember the outrage when free to air golf left terrestrial TV and how that was going to be a disaster for the uptake of the game, especially amongst the younger generation. Now we have free to air golf on a medium more likely to be used by the younger generation and that is a bad thing.

I will watch it simply because I do not watch enough golf to justify a Sky subscription for it so this is perfect. May even motivate me to get back out on the course again.

YouTube is huge I mean how much money does a (let's be honest) average club pro in shiels make from being on YouTube? He has cleaned up. I'm not talking millionaire but he makes a good wage and employs others

Now imagine an event like this? Adverts .. sponsors etc

So much money to be made

Like you say.. free to air.. brilliant