LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 29109

I'd imagine there are less and less people who use TV that way now? When I was younger, sure, I would flick channels if there was nothing better on. I only had, at most, 5 channels to hop through. Now, however, I no longer do that. There are so many channels now, I don't even bother channel hoping. Either I know what is on and make a point of watching it (or recording it), or I miss it. Or, I just go on youtube and just start watching random videos. I'm sure many will also turn the Playstation or Xbox on, There are so many options out there to people, that just having some free to air sporting event on the BBC is unlikely to attract the same volume of people that it might have done 20-30 years ago.

This in spades. Most kids won’t even turn on a TV. They will watch on a phone/tablet/laptop, whichever is closest at the time.

We’ve 3 TVs. Only one has an aerial plugged in. They only one who watches any terrestrial TV is the wife. And that is only a couple of times a week.

I can’t remember the last time I sat down to watch something on terrestrial tv at a specific time other than an England game.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
This in spades. Most kids won’t even turn on a TV. They will watch on a phone/tablet/laptop, whichever is closest at the time.

We’ve 3 TVs. Only one has an aerial plugged in. They only one who watches any terrestrial TV is the wife. And that is only a couple of times a week.

I can’t remember the last time I sat down to watch something on terrestrial tv at a specific time other than an England game.

Same - but Love Islands back so thats me at 9pm for the foreseeable

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Even what I watch on "normal" TV is via iPlayer or more 4

Except live sport

Springveldt

Visit site
they do but most people will still find it easier to tune in via traditional means

i'm sure if its successful they'll get a tv deal would be great if it was still free to air
YouTube is the "traditional means" to the younger generation though. My 16 year old daughter wouldn't even know how to work terrestrial TV (and I've not had SKY in for about 5 years now either). She would be shocked if she had to remember channel numbers, she can't even remember her own phone number.

I WFH and I've got YouTube running in the background for a good part of the day most days. Well either that or golf podcasts.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
we will find out anyway youtube shows the viewer numbers i'd be shocked if it hits over 50k

50k? really?

I think it'll do that on day 1! Globally there has got to be more than 50k people who are intrigued enough to watch a few holes or to see how the start works etc!

Springveldt

Visit site
I've not bought a cd in about 10 years
I don't even buy video game disks anymore. Purposely got the digital only version of the PS5. Last Blu-ray I bought was probably 12 years ago and I honestly can't remember the last CD I bought.

Only time I've used terrestrial TV in the last 5 years was to tune into Boris lying to all of us about lockdowns and how we were all in it together while he was getting pished every weekend.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
YouTube is the "traditional means" to the younger generation though. My 16 year old daughter wouldn't even know how to work terrestrial TV (and I've not had SKY in for about 5 years now either). She would be shocked if she had to remember channel numbers, she can't even remember her own phone number.

I WFH and I've got YouTube running in the background for a good part of the day most days. Well either that or golf podcasts.

Ozzie at work, his kids have never watched normal TV. He said it's great no adverts for him so never ask for the latest toy

He says Netflix , YouTube kids and iPlayer

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't even buy video game disks anymore. Purposely got the digital only version of the PS5. Last Blu-ray I bought was probably 12 years ago and I honestly can't remember the last CD I bought.

Only time I've used terrestrial TV in the last 5 years was to tune into Boris lying to all of us about lockdowns and how we were all in it together while he was getting pished every weekend.

When I got my gaming laptop It had no cd drive I was panicking then remembered I don't own a single cd or even dvds now .. I spent a long week copying all my dvds to a data stick then gave them to charity

D

Deleted member 29109

He's right though

i'm sure there'll be thousands of viewers on youtube but it will be substantially less than if it was on terrestrial tele

I doubt that. They only have to stream to one service and the entire world can watch. Put it on TV and you limit the audience.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I doubt that. They only have to stream to one service and the entire world can watch. Put it on TV and you limit the audience.

Add to that people who can now have it on at work, drop in whilst they are out and about etc and it is a far easier method of watching.

D

Deleted member 1147

I've never owned a games console