LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

How many young people watch golf? Who are the future of the game

When I was under 25 I found golf so boring I never watched

Apart from keen golfers how many will watch it?

This isn't to appeal to the likes of the people on here who love golf, love the game. It's to appeal to the mass market who are indifferent

Why do you think it’s going to attract young people and also people who don’t watch golf ?‍♂️

Who is this “mass market” that’s untapped

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
So the decent PGA tour events normally get around 3-4 million in the US alone for the final round

do we reckon the first or final round will be anywhere near that on youtube of this event bearing in mind the hype and news stories etc

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why do you think it’s going to attract young people and also people who don’t watch golf ?‍♂️

How many people watch events like the Ryder cup but not normal events ? Shorter formats. Easier viewing.

I watch 5-6 events a year

4 majors
Players
Ryder cup

And I love golf

I will be watching this.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the decent PGA tour events normally get around 3-4 million in the US alone for the final round

do we reckon the first or final round will be anywhere near that on youtube of this event bearing in mind the hype and news stories etc

How many viewers would you consider a success?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

I guess the same untapped market that many claimed were being abandonned when the Open went on to Sky thus depriving us of the next generation of young golfers who would have been weaned on the game on the BBC. Point is that I do not get the argument. This weekend there is more golf on various media, some on a media that is available to a large majority of people and that anyone, golfer, non golfer, fan or not, young or old have access to. Not really sure how that is in any way a bad thing.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

I go to T20 cricket once or twice a year but never been or will go to a test match.

Its that same market but in golf. Those that want a quick hit of entertainment with sport at the centre of it, but not something that drags on for days.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
anything over 100k i reckon

i have absolutely no idea tbh its hard to gauge with it being in the UK... it starts 9am ET over in America so not a great time for viewership over there

I wouldn't be surprised if it's followed not just live but watched on YouTube after the event say a 30 min sum up

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I go to T20 cricket once or twice a year but never been or will go to a test match.

Its that same market but in golf. Those that want a quick hit of entertainment with sport at the centre of it, but not something that drags on for days.

then create a 9 hole course with every hole a 330 yard par 4 and holes the size of basketball hoops

T20 and Test cricket are completely different versions of the game with shorter boundaries fielding restrictions etc

this is still the same sport that will take 4-5 hours i reckon for 3 days

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
then create a 9 hole course with every hole a 330 yard par 4 and holes the size of basketball hoops

T20 and Test cricket are completely different versions of the game with shorter boundaries fielding restrictions etc

this is still the same sport that will take 4-5 hours i reckon for 3 days

But it is shorter. It's not 72 holes it's 54

Very different

D

Deleted member 15344

How many people watch events like the Ryder cup but not normal events ? Shorter formats. Easier viewing.

I watch 5-6 events a year

4 majors
Players
Ryder cup

And I love golf

I will be watching this.

So it’s still just golf fans then ? No “new” audience

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
So it drags on for 3 days rather than 4.....in the grand scheme of things that isn't a milestone...if it was a one day thing then that would equate to the difference between Test Cricket and T20...

yeah more like t20 v ODI same game just an extra 60 overs

D

Deleted member 29109

But it is shorter. It's not 72 holes it's 54

Very different

Does that make any difference to how it’s watched on TV? They can still only show one shot at a time, and it will still take 4 or 5 hours to complete each round.