LIV Golf

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
So he is a hypocrite because he is playing in the season ending event ( which is does every season ) of a tour that he is a member off and because it gives him the chance of being number one on both tours ?‍♂️

I think he's talking about the source of the funding for the event... but I may be wrong

AussieKB

Visit site
So he is a hypocrite because he is playing in the season ending event ( which is does every season ) of a tour that he is a member off and because it gives him the chance of being number one on both tours ?‍♂️
Not just Rory....where is the money coming from ? do not read your earlier posts.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Just tried Googling it but failed, where is the funding from out of interest?

Well DPWT on the whole

https://www.google.co.uk/search?&q=dp+world+ownership - DP World is owned by the Dubai ruling family.

Dubai's human rights record isn't exactly a picture of perfection. Women get jailed for being raped... So he has a point

Apparently money from LIV is a no no but Money from DPWT is sound... because they brought the right tour?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
We're in danger of getting political, but a lot of the criticism aimed at the KSA is due to their human rights record - which is a consequence of the country being controlled by Sharia Law.
The UAE use Sharia Law also, but also have integrated other laws which has perhaps resulted in their justice system becoming more compliant with wetern values.

The Saudis will need to take this path if they want to re-build the country as a tourist destination, and they are on that path - but it takes time.

Ian_George

Visit site
Wont that depend on where they are at the time? Some will be at home be that in Australia, Asia etc
They'll also play in Asia back to back, which mitigates the travelling time.

For the US and European based players, it will be one long distance trip of the season, there will be 12 other events which will then need the usual, or negligible travelling time.
I don't think any of the players have said they wanted less travelling time, just that they wanted more time to spend with their families. The point you are making comes up often, especially in relation to the Australian event, but alas, it's just spin.
Objection overruled! Doesn't matter where they at the time! There'll be '24 hours flyng' involved, not necessarily all at once (which would actually increase the amount of flying) from (or to) their homes in Florida! That may be only 1-way, but likely (effectively) doubled (even more if in stages)!

Even with there being a 'swing', there's even more flying Adelaide to Singapore is over 7 hours flight from Adelaide, so another a long flight! And then 25 hours+ back to home! Still a lot of flying - and time away from home!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Liv are reported on multiple media outlets to be announcing Monday qualifiers for every event and pathway from the Asian tour in 2023.

So in your post above none is the wrong term, Limited would be more accurate for 2023.
Did I see that the Monday qualifiers are for one place in the field. Or was that just sarcasm that passed me ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Objection overruled! Doesn't matter where they at the time! There'll be '24 hours flyng' involved, not necessarily all at once (which would actually increase the amount of flying) from (or to) their homes in Florida! That may be only 1-way, but likely (effectively) doubled (even more if in stages)!

Even with there being a 'swing', there's even more flying Adelaide to Singapore is over 7 hours flight from Adelaide, so another a long flight! And then 25 hours+ back to home! Still a lot of flying - and time away from home!

"Objection overruled" ... followed by more spin.

:ROFLMAO:

Can you understand this mate, they're effectively travelling on a day that they'd normally be playing golf on any other 4 day tour event, so come on Einsten, do the maths on that and tell me how it affects their time away from home.

LIV is 36 days of competetion golf a year, the same as 9 events on the PGA or DPWT. Aren't players being asked to play 20 events on the PGA Tour - that's 80 days right?

You can do lot of travelling in 44 days.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think it suits the LIV case to highlight the criticism of the Saudi regime, and so be able to highlight other field of golf taking money from Saudi, and other questionable middle east states.
This is because they it distracts from the real problem that the Saudis have caused with this venture : a cleaving of the top world golfers into two camps. This is what is problematic, damaging to golf entertainment, and why we have our knife, only metaphorically in this case, in LIV. They have no defense for the damage they have done here. They do on the hypocrisy of the source of the money. But not on the damage to the quality of golf entertainment.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think it suits the LIV case to highlight the criticism of the Saudi regime, and so be able to highlight other field of golf taking money from Saudi, and other questionable middle east states.
This is because they it distracts from the real problem that the Saudis have caused with this venture : a cleaving of the top world golfers into two camps. This is what is problematic, damaging to golf entertainment, and why we have our knife, only metaphorically in this case, in LIV. They have no defense for the damage they have done here. They do on the hypocrisy of the source of the money. But not on the damage to the quality of golf entertainment.

More spin.

Tell me which event you have watched since LIV that has been adversely affected by it's introduction, and why? Not the bluster around it, but the actual golf.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Business class, beds for seats, champagne flowing. I’ll have some of that ??

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
More spin.

Tell me which event you have watched since LIV that has been adversely affected by it's introduction, and why? Not the bluster around it, but the actual golf.
All events since DJ, Bryson, Pat Reed, Smith, Koepka, jumped.
Adversely affacted for sure. Not greatly. But affected. If there are no more defectors, the pgat will weather the damage. But if more go, the damage becomes more serious.
If you are suggesting the loss of those players is no loss to the pgat, then the corollary would be that they dont add value to the Saudi tour.

Ian_George

Visit site
Liv are reported on multiple media outlets to be announcing Monday qualifiers for every event and pathway from the Asian tour in 2023.

So in your post above none is the wrong term, Limited would be more accurate for 2023.
1. Good! But I'll wait until the details are announced to decide whether that's tokenism or not!
2 No, my conditional (the word 'If') wording is correct! So, as it is, LIV could, currently, be deemed Exhibition Golf!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
All events since DJ, Bryson, Pat Reed, Smith, Koepka, jumped.
Adversely affacted for sure. Not greatly. But affected. If there are no more defectors, the pgat will weather the damage. But if more go, the damage becomes more serious.
If you are suggesting the loss of those players is no loss to the pgat, then the corollary would be that they dont add value to the Saudi tour.

Of course they are a loss to the PGA Tour - not the players choice by the way. But you can't name an event that has been affected because you have no idea if any of those players would have entered, or how they would have performed.
On the other hand, they are still playing on a different series, appealing to a different audience, and you can still watch them compete if you so wish. The one where they did play alongside their other tour counterparts, (The Open) was one of the best in years - so I'm struggling to see any solid logic in your argument.

Ian_George

Visit site
"Objection overruled" ... followed by more spin.

:ROFLMAO:

Can you understand this mate, they're effectively travelling on a day that they'd normally be playing golf on any other 4 day tour event, so come on Einsten, do the maths on that and tell me how it affects their time away from home.

LIV is 36 days of competetion golf a year, the same as 9 events on the PGA or DPWT. Aren't players being asked to play 20 events on the PGA Tour - that's 80 days right?

You can do lot of travelling in 44 days.
It's still a lot of flying-travelling, the amount of which was part of their 'justification' for going to LIV!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Silencing people with opinions we don’t like. Now where have a I heard that before ?

He can still gob off to his hearts content, he just needs to do it to a limited audience. ;)

Come on though, Rahm has a point right? I get the field strength by size etc, but if you were entereing either The DPWTC or the RSM this weekend, which would you fancy your chances in the most (assuming you're pretyy good at golf)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It's still a lot of flying-travelling, the amount of which was part of their 'justification' for going to LIV!

I don't think it ever was tbh, and you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe these guys weren't aware that LIV was intended to be a truly global series that would require them to play golf across the planet - unless of course Gregg sold them a yarn about having a machine that could teleport them around the world, and they all fell for it.