LIV Golf

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
But it's not actually required until next year, ready for July pretrial or maybe even the actual trial in July 2024!
BTW. Its PGA Tour (PGAT)! Completely different body to PGA!

It is normal practice to request disclosure many months in advance, in order to be able to review it, ask for any clarifications, get it to an expert witness for their opinion if required, or to ask for further disclosure that may arise from the initial disclosre.

Plus the fact that he has relied on sovereign immunity doesn't sound like to me that he is going to disclose closer to the trial date. The judge will take into account that he would prefer ro rely on immunity than provide the documents, and infer that the documents would not have been helpful to their case, and civil cases are decided on the balance of probabilities which would not work out well for them.

Not sure in the USA but in the UK the judge would take an extremely dim view of someone delaying disclosure to the last possible moment, and could potentially make costs order which coiuld cost LIV millions in legal fees, and even if the win, may not be able to recover legal costs from the otherside

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I have read that PGA lawyers have requested the PIF boss to disclose the LIV business plan in the up coming trial. To date he has not provided any documents requested claiming sovereign immunity.

That won't play well to the judge I can tell you that much
Agree don't think that should be allowed/tolerated.

In the spirit of 'even handedness ', this also seemed interesting
https://www.golfchannel.com/news/liv-golf-earns-legal-win-vs-pga-tour-regarding-communications

Ian_George

Visit site
It is normal practice to request disclosure many months in advance, in order to be able to review it, ask for any clarifications, get it to an expert witness for their opinion if required, or to ask for further disclosure that may arise from the initial disclosre.

Plus the fact that he has relied on sovereign immunity doesn't sound like to me that he is going to disclose closer to the trial date. The judge will take into account that he would prefer ro rely on immunity than provide the documents, and infer that the documents would not have been helpful to their case, and civil cases are decided on the balance of probabilities which would not work out well for them.

Not sure in the USA but in the UK the judge would take an extremely dim view of someone delaying disclosure to the last possible moment, and could potentially make costs order which coiuld cost LIV millions in legal fees, and even if the win, may not be able to recover legal costs from the otherside
I know all that! But that's what the pre-trial manouverings are all about, with rulings on validity being made at the July 2023 Hearing. As posted, simply 'Lawsuit Chess'! I don't think either side is overly worried about 'costs' - certainly not LIV with its SA backing!

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I know all that! But that's what the pre-trial manouverings are all about, with rulings on validity being made at the July 2023 Hearing. As posted, simply 'Lawsuit Chess'! I don't think either side is overly worried about 'costs' - certainly not LIV with its SA backing!

disclosure is more than just lawsuit chess, it is one of the fundamental parts of litigation, you cannot have litigation without proper disclosure

they of course have deep pockets, but I would imagine legal costs qill quite easily reach seven figures, that is a lot to just throw away, especially as LIV are already $2bn in the hole

Ian_George

Visit site
disclosure is more than just lawsuit chess, it is one of the fundamental parts of litigation, you cannot have litigation without proper disclosure
Agreed, it's an essential part of the pre-trial process! But that process can also be - and almost certainly is being - manipulated as per my 'Lawsuit Chess' description!

D

Deleted member 21445

Some interesting stories from the PGA Tour here from Pat Perez.

Heard stuff similar to this from my friend who coaches on the tour.

No doubt its a great product but maybe its actions in the past doesn't cover the hierarchy in glory personally or as an organisation.

Perez is as entertaining as always, shoots from the hip and really doesn't give a **** about upsetting anyone

Also great to hear PGA players like Rahm and Thomas reached out to him after the Miami final... Good to hear..

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5D...mvMak/8cfChPZTHThtRRbZ2imzB1LRt4CR6LNGwEAAA==

D

Deleted member 21445

Reports that LIV are lining up ex TM boss Mark King to replace GN who will be moved "upstairs"....
I'd be watching my back if I was Greg.......

I think this is a smart move by Liv..
Greg is far too polarising.

PGA Tour would be well advised to move Jay M on as well for a fresh start on both sides to see if a truce can be found..

Ian_George

Visit site
Maybe the disgruntled players went to LIV? Separate out the players who play primarily for the love of golf, and the jealous ones who play primarily for the cash
Well, half of the guys in the (first) PIP list are now at LIV - with 18.5M of it going to them!
FhELPQzXEAEhDAz

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well, half of the guys in the (first) PIP list are now at LIV - with 18.5M of it going to them!
FhELPQzXEAEhDAz
It's a mystery how they decided who to play in the December exhibition match ?
???

https://www.sportskeeda.com/golf/ne...ustin-thomas-jordan-spieth-set-face-the-match

Always hard to be sure, but believe a significant chunk of the 18.5 hasn't been paid due to being unable to meet the payment criteria [insert reason of choice, dependent on views, here].

There is a school of thought that Tiger also hasn't fully received for the same reason (but different cause) - we'll probably never know.

D

Deleted member 21445

Great to see a tour with top golfers including Australia on its schedule.

A huge golfing nation that has been sidelined for far too many years.

The Punch GC Aussies will be pumped for playing at home against the DJ, BDC, Brooks etc etc
They need to do more of this to support their growing the game mantra.
The Spanish guys have an event at Valdarama
Im sure Lahiri is hoping for an event in India and Niemann, Ortiz for one in South America.

D

Deleted member 1418

So poor old Greg couldn't sell LIV to one of the premier Aussie courses so he's gone for a venue where his company has designed one of the courses!! ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: