LIV Golf

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So basically like school playground football where the fat, ginger kid was picked last and forced to go in goal? I LOVE that idea! (y):ROFLMAO:

So the sh!ttiest player gets picked last with the captain rolling his eyes whilst muttering "feck" followed by "OK I'll take this fella. No idea who he is"!!!

I hope the draw takes place in a pub after 8 pints - quality TV!! :ROFLMAO:

did you play well in goal Pieman ;)

D

Deleted member 1418

Yep, that's pretty much it. Should be some quality banter between the players as they get down to the last few.

Imagine then if the last pick has a storming weekend and helps his team win a few million.

Sounds crap doesn't it ;-)

Only if the last pick is Carl the Greenkeeper from Caddyshack............

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I get it, it's not for you. "Redbull Sport", is incredibly popular - especially with young people, exactly what golf is in desperate need of.
Popular debatebly. But it is live action advertising, and not sport . But maybe that squares with a sportswashing agenda. Mickey Mouse sport, but when the motive is to get a message across and influence thinking, maybe thats what LIV is after.

D

Deleted member 15344

The most popular sport on the planet has a team that can change from week to week. Over time, the players change completely, but people still support that team.

The LIV team concpet is similair to that, but just condensed into a shorter time frame.

Can you even comprehend how people get connected to a football team ? It’s a team sport as opposed to golf being an individual sport - the only time people get connected to a team in golf is through geography
I get it, it's not for you. "Redbull Sport", is incredibly popular - especially with young people, exactly what golf is in desperate need of.

1. What is “red bull sport”

2. In what way is golf “desperately” in need of it ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Popular debatebly. But it is live action advertising, and not sport . But maybe that squares with a sportswashing agenda. Mickey Mouse sport, but when the motive is to get a message across and influence thinking, maybe thats what LIV is after.

Sportswashing isn't new and isn't going anywhere

Some of the world's top sports are corrupt to the core

FIFA and uefa two prime examples

Only last season Adidas dropped zouma (rightly) for kicking his cat but are fine and dandy with sponsoring the world cup in a place with awful human rights record

Dodgy money been propping up sports for years

Russian funded football teams

Saudi funded events on the ET

only reason this is a step too far is because the PGA tour is putting out vibes that it will wreck golf, ban players etc

If they had all worked together and agreed release for 8 events, whoever wanted to play you would prob have 30 of top 50 playing and only a few mentions of funds.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Only last season Adidas dropped zouma (rightly) for kicking his cat but are fine and dandy with sponsoring the world cup in a place with awful human rights record

only reason this is a step too far is because the PGA tour is putting out vibes that it will wreck golf, ban players etc

If they had all worked together and agreed release for 8 events, whoever wanted to play you would prob have 30 of top 50 playing and only a few mentions of funds.
So...because it's happening elsewhere makes it ok .....:unsure:
A dozen wrongs don't make a right.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

You could argue the PGA Tour have done exactly the same thing in order to try and protect their own tour.

If the Saudis wanted to draw people away from the topic of their human rights, they've failed miserably. Everybody that's gone over to the LIV series has been asked the question by one journo or another.

The LIV series being funded by Saudi money is no different to the billons of dollars the Saudis pump into international business, some of which ironically ends up in the coffers of the PGA Tour, in various different ways.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

I have no issue with the sportswashing element per se, and agree it is part of the world landscape of intertwining sports and politics.

But it only works when it maintains a sporting credibility. In moving towards Mickey Mouse sorting gimmickry, LIV has got this one wrong. The teams, being relagated to Youtube, conflict and forking with the wider pro golf world. No one believes it is for the good of golf, but dont expect it to be either. The likes of it claiming to be, again, just harm the credibility of its publicity, highlighting its nonsense as a sporting venture.
Serious question : why did they just not do a mega deal with the European tour instead of DP World ? Buy themselves a ready made tour, and then throw money at it to attract top 100 golfers and raise its level from the second division it is today.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have no issue with the sportswashing element per se, and agree it is part of the world landscape of intertwining sports and politics.

But it only works when it maintains a sporting credibility. In moving towards Mickey Mouse sorting gimmickry, LIV has got this one wrong. The teams, being relagated to Youtube, conflict and forking with the wider pro golf world. No one believes it is for the good of golf, but dont expect it to be either. The likes of it claiming to be, again, just harm the credibility of its publicity, highlighting its nonsense as a sporting venture.
Serious question : why did they just not do a mega deal with the European tour instead of DP World ? Buy themselves a ready made tour, and then throw money at it to attract top 100 golfers and raise its level from the second division it is today.

I think the DP tour would have been a better option but this is what we got now

They have aligned with the Asia tour no? So a 3rd division ready and they will invest in that

I don't see YouTube as a demotion, YouTube is where things are going. It's huge. It's free to use and a money spinner

Sky is great but it's behind a pay wall, free to air YouTube really makes it available to the masses

How many people have smart TVs or ways to watch YouTube on TV now?

Their target audience does

D

Deleted member 1147

genuine question? how much are they paying you and how many other forums are you active on doing the same?
If they are paying him, shouldn’t he be treated as all the other advertisers, and have his posts deleted?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Jumping back to another point from earlier. I think the shotgun start could have its good points. Every good player (sic) on the course at once, a true live leaderboard. In theory everyone teeing off on the last with there opponents score known and the ability to gaige their scoring possibilities depending what hole they are on. Potentially even heartbreaking / heartwarming cheers and groans from across the course to add to the pressure. I can see it being a positive...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jumping back to another point from earlier. I think the shotgun start could have its good points. Every good player (sic) on the course at once, a true live leaderboard. In theory everyone teeing off on the last with there opponents score known and the ability to gaige their scoring possibilities depending what hole they are on. Potentially even heartbreaking / heartwarming cheers and groans from across the course to add to the pressure. I can see it being a positive...

Very much looking forward to how it pans out

Wonder what it would be like live .. shotgun start everyone finishing roughly same time.. great entertainment