D

Deleted member 15344

That’s basically no difference to the Hundred or many ‘sold out’ boxing events
?‍♂️ Sorry not sure the point ?

the event at Centurion isn’t anywhere near being sold out

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
With just 8 events confirmed this year he's going to spend a lot of time doing nothing.
Clearly none of us know what's going on in the background, but I can see some merit in his approach - taking control and suggesting ,'you can't ban me'.
I wouldn't be surprised if he, with his heritage, has invites to play across Asia & Oceania which may not have fit the usual schedule. If raking in big $ from the liv thing then maybe playing for a small pot somewhere you've wanted to visit might appeal. But who know with Na, wonder if he'll play the Open this year.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
A right problem with the shotgun start has been pointed out which I hadnt previously seen mentioned - players will not know the state of play everywhere as they finish out. No knowing what is needed. No knowing whether a putt is for the win, a playoff, or someone else has just holed a putt and cannot be caught. No victory fist pump or cheer from the crowd for a dramatic winner. Rather, a flat, maybe that will win or maybe it wont, from both player and patrons.

Swango1980

Visit site
A right problem with the shotgun start has been pointed out which I hadnt previously seen mentioned - players will not know the state of play everywhere as they finish out. No knowing what is needed. No knowing whether a putt is for the win, a playoff, or someone else has just holed a putt and cannot be caught. No victory fist pump or cheer from the crowd for a dramatic winner. Rather, a flat, maybe that will win or maybe it wont, from both player and patrons.
Yeah, but there is a team aspect, and some teams might he wearing your favourite colour, which will really help you connect to them. That is what is important :)

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Has there been any word at all on what the team basis will be. Is that not part of this weeks event ?
How can they have teams when players participating is in flux ?
Will it be by nation, continent, alphabetical, random draw, or like the USPGA does, 'themed' by world ranking, majors holders, or a 'fat' team like they did with Lowry and I forget the couple that were with him that time.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Has there been any word at all on what the team basis will be. Is that not part of this weeks event ?
How can they have teams when players participating is in flux ?
Will it be by nation, continent, alphabetical, random draw, or like the USPGA does, 'themed' by world ranking, majors holders, or a 'fat' team like they did with Lowry and I forget the couple that were with him that time.

Snake draft, so captains 1-12 pick a player, then captains 12-1 pick a player. That will take place on Wednesday night which I guess wil become part of the regular coverage.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
What ? So a different team every week ? Which is effectively random. Thats not a team at all. Zero sporting relevance credibility then. Maybe the strategy is to move towards gimmick reality TV type show rather than sport ? Have they a fan vote yet, where a phone in can remove a shot from a player of their choice ? Or a celeb who has to hit one of each players shots on the 18th on the third day ? Mushroom power ups where you can move your drive 50 yards further ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
What ? So a different team every week ? Which is effectively random. Thats not a team at all. Zero sporting relevance credibility then. Maybe the strategy is to move towards gimmick reality TV type show rather than sport ? Have they a fan vote yet, where a phone in can remove a shot from a player of their choice ? Or a celeb who has to hit one of each players shots on the 18th on the third day ? Mushroom power ups where you can move your drive 50 yards further ?

The most popular sport on the planet has a team that can change from week to week. Over time, the players change completely, but people still support that team.

The LIV team concpet is similair to that, but just condensed into a shorter time frame.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I doubt LIV would seriously make such a pathetic argument. They are seriously struggling for sporting credibility, and unless those in charge really have no feeling for sport, I couldnt see them making themselves look so clueless. It would make it look more and more like Redbull 'sport' and just pure showbiz.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I doubt LIV would seriously make such a pathetic argument. They are seriously struggling for sporting credibility, and unless those in charge really have no feeling for sport, I couldnt see them making themselves look so clueless. It would make it look more and more like Redbull 'sport' and just pure showbiz.

I get it, it's not for you. "Redbull Sport", is incredibly popular - especially with young people, exactly what golf is in desperate need of.

D

Deleted member 1418

Snake draft, so captains 1-12 pick a player, then captains 12-1 pick a player. That will take place on Wednesday night which I guess wil become part of the regular coverage.

So basically like school playground football where the fat, ginger kid was picked last and forced to go in goal? I LOVE that idea! (y):ROFLMAO:

So the sh!ttiest player gets picked last with the captain rolling his eyes whilst muttering "feck" followed by "OK I'll take this fella. No idea who he is"!!!

I hope the draw takes place in a pub after 8 pints - quality TV!! :ROFLMAO:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So basically like school playground football where the fat, ginger kid was picked last and forced to go in goal? I LOVE that idea! (y):ROFLMAO:

So the sh!ttiest player gets picked last with the captain rolling his eyes whilst muttering "feck" followed by "OK I'll take this fella. No idea who he is"!!!

I hope the draw takes place in a pub after 8 pints - quality TV!! :ROFLMAO:

Yep, that's pretty much it. Should be some quality banter between the players as they get down to the last few.

Imagine then if the last pick has a storming weekend and helps his team win a few million.

Sounds crap doesn't it ;-)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yep, that's pretty much it. Should be some quality banter between the players as they get down to the last few.

Imagine then if the last pick has a storming weekend and helps his team win a few million.

Sounds crap doesn't it ;-)

genuine question? how much are they paying you and how many other forums are you active on doing the same?