LIV Golf

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Because he's not biased one little bit is he??:ROFLMAO:

Is he wrong? i have no idea? how many points will the winner get will it be more than a PGA win 2nd place? 10th place? make the cut?

He's the only one whose referenced that it's not just strength of field i'll bow down to your unbiased opinion if you or BigDraw can answer the above if not i'll stick with a journalist who follows these things a bit more closely than the average LIV shill

D

Deleted member 15344

To help get OWGR points and strengthen their position.

Why do you think the PGA Tour wanted to connect with the DPWT?

So it’s just to get the 48 golfers ranking points - no other reason

And the PGAT Co sanctions events with the ET to improve both tours

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
So it’s just to get the 48 golfers ranking points - no other reason

And the PGAT Co sanctions events with the ET to improve both tours

I think I said "and to strengthen their position". Are you trying to suggest that there is no benefit whatsoever from this arrangement to the MENA Tour? The very fact that it is now on the golfing radar, with increased purses, suggests that would be a bizarre claim to make..

So it is done "to improve both tours".

D

Deleted member 21445

Is he wrong? i have no idea? how many points will the winner get will it be more than a PGA win 2nd place? 10th place? make the cut?

He's the only one whose referenced that it's not just strength of field i'll bow down to your unbiased opinion if you or BigDraw can answer the above if not i'll stick with a journalist who follows these things a bit more closely than the average LIV shill

Points are based on strength of field, nothing to do with the tour the event is on.

So the PGA Tour events on now have less points than the LA Open in Feb that will have a stellar field.

Liv will get decent OGWR points for their events because of their field if this goes through but Its hard to see that happening quickly for various reasons.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Points are based on strength of field, nothing to do with the tour the event is on.

So the PGA Tour events on now have less points than the LA Open in Feb that will have a stellar field.

Liv will get decent OGWR points for their events because of their field if this goes through but Its hard to see that happening quickly for various reasons.

A new OWGR points system will be in force from August 2022. The way in which the Official World Golf Rankings (OWGR) are to change in August 2022 when a new calculation system will come into force.

Strength isn't the overriding factor now. Strength Depth and length of tournament seem to come into play judging from what I can see from journalists and the owgr site

potentially playing for 3-5 points for a win rather than 30-50 on the bigger tours

D

Deleted member 21445

It's all conjecture right now.

I suggest we all just wait 72hrs when we should have a very much clearer picture of whether this move has got Liv OGWR points, closer to or been shut down completely.

All could feasibley happen by the end of the weekend

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Well...apart from Greg Norman I suppose.....

I suspect he and his team will have fully anticipated this, it's a game of chess. There will now be questions over the legitimacy of awarding OWGR points to say the FEDEX cup, which fails to meet several OWGR criteria, if points can't be awarded to a LIV event which is now seemingly part of a Tour that is elgible for points.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I suspect he and his team will have fully anticipated this, it's a game of chess. There will now be questions over the legitimacy of awarding OWGR points to say the FEDEX cup, which fails to meet several OWGR criteria, if points can't be awarded to a LIV event which is now seemingly part of a Tour that is elgible for points.
If you're referring to the Tour Championship which has , what, 30 players..it's an event that you have to qualify for.
You don't just get invited, you have to play in the playoffs and you need to play in multiple events to get into the playoffs
It's a million miles away from LIV's setup.