LIV Golf

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Imo - we are on a golf forum , most will be looking at golf social media etc so it will look like its a bit more extreme

I also think there are subtle differences - boxing and F1 are one offs , the F1 is part of the calendar to go there

Golf - it’s a rival tour being created and it’s being run vastly different to all the other tours
- LIV golf are “poaching” players as such and luring them with vast sums of money to make very rich golfers richer - the arrival of LIV has created division within the sport and the reaction will be diffeentb

Nailed it, although the differences aren't subtle. One offs (annually!) under the existing regimes are no less / no more acceptable than two offs or 14 - offs with regard to Sportswashing / Human Rights, surely?. A deal with the devil is a deal with the devil. This boils down to dissatisfaction of, essentially, the PGAT (no such furore regarding PGA Tour China for example) and the envisaged threat it faces.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Who has pushed anything to the side ?‍♂️

I’m not a F1 fan or Boxing Fan but I don’t think any sport should be used for sport washing

I also think the World Cup going to Qatar was a disgrace just as a wasn’t a fan of it going to Russia

I do have huge F1 fans in the family and they don’t watch any GP in the middle east

Have a day off, HUGE fans but don't watch these races, there's no point in following the sport then.
You can't tell me they never watched all that drama in Abu Dhabi last year been the HUGE fans that they are.

RRidges

Visit site
It wasn’t, it was lifted from twitter
But the fact that another GM platform has shown it in full puts me in an impossible position.

The infractions will be lifted but this is still a no swearing area

I’m LIVid ?
Apologies for triggering that situation for you. Indeed, 'impossible' situation, but appropriately handled!

D

Deleted member 15344

Have a day off, HUGE fans but don't watch these races, there's no point in following the sport then.
You can't tell me they never watched all that drama in Abu Dhabi last year been the HUGE fans that they are.
Not sure why I have to justify to you and why you feel the to talk down

Yes Huge fans - people that have followed the F1 all over the Europe , members of the BRC , even going to Australia to watch the GP twice.

And yes they didn’t watch the events in GP in the Middle East.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure why I have to justify to you and why you feel the to talk down

Yes Huge fans - people that have followed the F1 all over the Europe , members of the BRC , even going to Australia to watch the GP twice.

And yes they didn’t watch the events in GP in the Middle East.

You haven't got to justify anything to me, I just don't believe it.
That's my issue though, not yours.

RRidges

Visit site
LIV have got some pretty experienced people in the boardroom, so as far as contacts go, I'd imagine they aren't short of opportunities to explore - Norman is on record as saying they had 12 (from memory) parties interested in delivering LIV either as a main broadcaster or to run alongside.
Of course these things take time to sort out, but LIV is the hottest topic in golf, and the TV networks will be keen to be part of it - I'd expect something to be in place for 2023.
You carry on treating Norman's statements as gospel. I'll wait for something more concrete - and from the broadcaster(s). Everything I've heard/seen from those 'in the Boardroom', including the COO's supposed rebuttal of the lawyers courtroom blunder about prize-money being offset against joining payment has seemed fishy/half-truth - at least to me!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
You carry on treating Norman's statements as gospel. I'll wait for something more concrete - and from the broadcaster(s). Everything I've heard/seen from those 'in the Boardroom', including the COO's supposed rebuttal of the lawyers courtroom blunder about prize-money being offset against joining payment has seemed fishy/half-truth - at least to me!

Can you show me conclusive proof that prize money is deducted from signing on monies?

RRidges

Visit site
Can you show me conclusive proof that prize money is deducted from signing on monies?
Conclusive proof of either view can only be shown by seeing all the player's contracts!
But...A LIV lawyer making the statement that he did, in court, certainly suggests, to me, that there are such clauses - even with, or even bolstered by, the COO's strangely worded 'denial'.
So feel free to have your opinion. Just don't attempt to prevent me having mine - unless you can provide the conclusive proof I've stated.

evemccc

Visit site
D

Deleted member 21445

Alan Shipnuck saying on The Fire Pit Podcast that he is hearing Tigers players meeting stance was more from a
were losing too many players, monaghans stance isn't working, problem solving coexist stance than a we keep digging in.

Liv isn't going anywhere anytime soon so a solution has to be found to bring the golfing world back together.

Shipnuck says he thinks for that to happen Monaghon will have to stand down as he can't be the man to sit down at the negotiating table given his reteric up to this point.

evemccc

Visit site
Alan Shipnuck saying on The Fire Pit Podcast that he is hearing Tigers players meeting stance was more from a
were losing too many players, monaghans stance isn't working, problem solving coexist stance than a we keep digging in.

Liv isn't going anywhere anytime soon so a solution has to be found to bring the golfing world back together.

Shipnuck says he thinks for that to happen Monaghon will have to stand down as he can't be the man to sit down at the negotiating table given his reteric up to this point.

Probably sensible

Sounds a good podcast, I’ll give it a listen

D

Deleted member 21445

Alan Shipnuck commenting earlier in the day about the Liv v PGA conflict.

The importance of Cam Smith Moving regarding the majors
Tiger protecting his legacy
Jay Monaghon's short sighted strategy not working
How Liv could be a profitable annual model as soon as next year
How the team Liv element could work.