LIV Golf

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Sky is the same as yours but includes Sky Q - and I’m paying a fortune, but I’m getting from your post that you are an existing Sky customer and still was able to get your package for £66. Basically we can’t afford it, so wouldn’t be stringing them along saying I will have to cancel a load of stuff.
We also have Sky Q, yes we are an existing customer.

Yes, there is an element of game playing, it's how they work. Tell them you either want to cancel or reduce your payments. They offer a reduction, you accept or not. Ultimately, there are quite a few layers to go through before you actually stop anything and you can stop and stick at any stage. You don't know the people on the phone, there is no loss of face. I don't like haggling, there isn't much of a haggle required. Try it, save money.

Reactions: Val
D

Deleted member 15344

The minority of what people are getting paid.
I haven’t looked at why purses are getting increased but I’m not Naive enough to not think LIV golf has had a significant impact on their thinking on purses.

Increase in purse available within the PGA tour is due to the increase in media rights deal they have recently renewed in June - not everything is a reaction to LIV

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So if I have basic Sky (which I don't) how much would it cost me a month in total to add golf? I've been quoted more than £100 a month by the guy in my local shopping centre. Genuine question.

There is an offer currently for existing account holders to add sports for £20.

My sky package is under £100 Inc sports, movies, multiroom and broadband

RRidges

Visit site
Ok, here's a tweet I put on my account on the 29th of June....
And here's one of your posts from the 29th of June, the same day....

Post number 2873 if you need to check it out.

Maybe it was just a lucky guess that I'd happened to catch a flight on the same day?
June 29 was the 1st day of LIV at Bedminster. I remember the date as I considered going.
I seem to remember a similar challenge about your absence from here on the day before Pumpkin Hill!

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
June 29 was the 1st day of LIV at Bedminster. I remember the date as I considered going.
I seem to remember a similar challenge about your absence from here on the day before Pumpkin Hill!

Wouldn’t know about that mate. All I know is I was catching a flight at stupid o’clock in the morning from Alicante-Elche to Leeds Bradford.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The PGA tour have issued a response to the lawsuit from the players......

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/pg...tm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=socialflow

Does seem to be overly heavy on the "Saudi billions" and "sportswashing" aspects.

EDIT - although one point does seem fair in that the players have known the punishment for months but have only now brought the lawsuit to manufacture a short timescale that needs an emergency decision. Why wasn't this filed months ago as soon as the sanctions were known?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
EDIT - although one point does seem fair in that the players have known the punishment for months but have only now brought the lawsuit to manufacture a short timescale that needs an emergency decision. Why wasn't this filed months ago as soon as the sanctions were known?

In order to try and force a decision in their favour rather than giving the court time to deal with it properly?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'm not expecting the court to favour the 3 guys, but you never know.

Interesting view in the beeb article, probably a few will recall/relate with that -

"It (PGAT) has been left pleading with its members for loyalty, stressing a sense of history and awareness of the golfing pyramid - the kind of stuff the European tour used to say when its leading lights headed Stateside"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/62466126

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I'm not expecting the court to favour the 3 guys, but you never know.

Interesting view in the beeb article, probably a few will recall/relate with that -

"It (PGAT) has been left pleading with its members for loyalty, stressing a sense of history and awareness of the golfing pyramid - the kind of stuff the European tour used to say when its leading lights headed Stateside"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/62466126
I read that article yesterday and I got the feeling that there was a subtle change of stance from Mr Carter and the BBC. Only a short while ago he was vigorously attacking LIV and Norman. In that article he recognises how it is the PGA Tour that is on the defensive and as your quote shows likens it to what has happened to the European Tour, but now it is without a great deal of support or sympathy.

I've said from the start that the PGA Tour having done to it what they have done to the European Tour and then whining about it is both expected and hypocritical. Suck it up Rory.

Springveldt

Visit site
Pretty obvious why now. It's the tour championship coming up, loads of money on offer. They were hoping it would drag on a month or two and allow them to play in it while the courts sort it out.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty obvious why now. It's the tour championship coming up, loads of money on offer. They were hoping it would drag on a month or two and allow them to play in it while the courts sort it out.

Exactly. Hopin got be granted and emergency injunction to allow them to play in the Tour Championship then let the courts sort it out. Would be interesting to see what format the injunction would take. If it allowed participation in all PGA Tour evnts until the case had been heard, that could see LIV golfers playing on the Tour for a couple of years.