Lift and Place all year round.

RichA

Visit site
But they'll even themselves out relative to other golfers in the field. Unless any golfers are cursed, and doomed to more bad luck than others 🙃
Yep. At our place a half decent lie on a fairway and an approach shot that holds a green can be considered good luck rather than the norm.
Surely, by definition, good and back luck have to be dished out in equal quantities or neither really exists.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Quite a few of the Opens/Corporate events & even monthly comps will have LCP round these parts, anytime of the year. Which if in effect will be briefed before comp kicks off. But landing in divots doesn’t really play a part in the decision.
The tropical climate means a mudball is the biggest ‘threat’ after frequent (and heavy) rain and if it wasn’t likely to cause mass confusion I suspect LCR would be a more suitable option although I’ll wager most players wouldn’t spot/know the difference (if it wasn't for the forum I'm not sure I'd notice either)

tobybarker

Visit site
I have just started a petition regarding the lift and place rule in golf. I would like to change the rules to allow golfers who hit good shots not to be penalised by rub of the green. I am fed up of hitting a ball down the middle of the fairway only to find it in a divot or covered in mud and there is nothing I can do about it. Other sports are trying to remove bad luck from their sport , so why not golf. My petition is on Change. org . https://chng.it/q77xY7SMGH. Please sign up if you think it's a .good idea. Await any constructive comments.
Sorry, not signing. U haven't thought it through.... Such a can of worms, i can't begin to list the ensuing issues.

Swango1980

Visit site
How's the petition going, then, Glyn?
We'll find out in March I guess. If the R&A inform us by that stage that preferred lies are now part of the Rules of Golf permanently (i.e. all year round), then we'll know he was successful.

However, I suspect the odds of me winning EuroMillions by then are significantly higher

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We'll find out in March I guess. If the R&A inform us by that stage that preferred lies are now part of the Rules of Golf permanently (i.e. all year round), then we'll know he was successful.

However, I suspect the odds of me winning EuroMillions by then are significantly higher
How many signatures does it need to officially become part of the R&As agenda for discussion? More than 12?

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
How many signatures does it need to officially become part of the R&As agenda for discussion? More than 12?
Given that that the number of golfers in the world is estimated to be similar to the population of the UK and that 100,000 signatures are required for an issue to be discussed in Whitehall. I'd say a dozen doesn't quite cut it😘

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even if every golfer in the world signed it, the R&A are under no obligation to discuss it. (Under those circumstances, it might be foolish not, to but it's up to them ...)
(Edit: Foolish not to discuss it, that is. But I'd still rather they concluded 'on yer bike'... :) )

Last edited:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
12 is quite a spectacular fail, I'm sure this will have bene posted elsewhere too. There's being out of tune with general opinion, and then there's this! :LOL: