Is This A Record?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mid week comp and I shot 39 points with a thought of I might be in here, then a 23 hcp hits 51 points :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: my parade officially :poop: on.

Similar to our mid week guy shot 40 points playing off 12 he thought he had a good chance of winning then a 30 h/c came in with 49 points.

To be fair to him though he’s just started playing and is improving fast, now he’s got a big cut.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So yesterday I played in a corporate thing with an invite from me mate over at Caldy. Fourball stableford. Best two scores to count. We scored a 72. Mainly due to another mate I brought along and me. The mate who invited me came in on three holes where I was all over the place and the fourth, well, he bought the beers.

So what won? Answer will be after 5pm when I get back from work.

Visit site
Played at Hollinwell recently, (terrific course). The winning pair's score was so high, they did a runner before the prize presentation!!
I forget what their alleged score was......but it was ridiculously high.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
When I played off 2 and my partner 4 we scored 43 points in a foursomes event at The RAC in the early 70's.

This included an amazing eagle where I hit a 5 iron off the wrong fairway over a large clump of trees stone dead.
I had not played the course before and my partner only had a rough idea of the line, having played it years before.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got to love some charity day scoring. Many years ago I entered one as part of a GM competition win (had a great day playing with Bob Wilson) and a team playig with a certain althete with a distinctive laugh came in with 104 points.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Played at Hollinwell recently, (terrific course). The winning pair's score was so high, they did a runner before the prize presentation!!
I forget what their alleged score was......but it was ridiculously high.

And anyone who has ever played there will know what a tough course it is, especially off the whites.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And anyone who has ever played there will know what a tough course it is, especially off the whites.

That’s cheered me up no end, am playing on Nov 8th for £65 inc a Butty. My game is all over the place. I might open a lowest ever score in the world thread after Hollinwell ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Enjoy Tash. It’s an absolute belter of a track, but not easy. I’ve always enjoyed it there.
It’s about 15 Mins from where I live but Ave never got round to playing it. Looking forward to it. It has had its problems in the past with the local idiots tearing up greens with motor bikes ☹️

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oops sorry I forgot to post. The winning score was 97. With last year's winners gutted as they got 96, and they were gutted. So the winners were scoring at about 5.4 points per hole. Wow. I've never played in a comp with this format. I thought about 86 would win. Huh, what do I know. Nowt, apparently.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looked at one of our senior opens. Team of four with two to count. Winners had 98 points. 8 points ahead of the next team.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Any 4-ball team event runs the risk of ludicrous winning scores.

Texas Scrambles are renowned for it at our place. We are a par 72 off the whites, and in one of our scrambles earlier in the year, a group of mid-teen to 20+ handicappers won with a nett 49. Let that sink in for a moment. A nett 23 under par.

Whilst accepting there is a stroke allowance, each player still has to take four counting drives. Generally speaking we see scores in the mid to high 50’s winning scrambles - when this score was announced you could hear jaws dropping throughout the clubhouse.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Back in 2015 I did a pit day for the lads when the pit shut. 72 played, we played off the whites. I cannot remember the winning score but a few lads complained it was to long. Quite a few were seniors. The low handicappers wanted whites period. After a bit of discussion it was agreed for the last couple of years we play off white, yellow, red tees then repeat. Best two from four, all to score on the 18th. WHS based on the yellow tees. The winning score was 92 points. We were second on 91.
The lads loved it with no suggestion of banditry.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I would have said in the 90s would be the winning number myself. I've played in a fourball in a 4BBB comp that had 87 points if you combined the two pairs scores - my partner and I came fourth with 45 points. If you'd combined best two scores from the two pairs we'd have probably scored much better than 87 as we had a really strong front 9 and they a strong back.