How long before 4bbb handicap adjustment is applied?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
All sorted, but there’s clearly an issue somewhere as my record randomly updated mid afternoon yesterday.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Pinched from a club I used to be a member of…

“The new handicap system for 4BBB is up and running and the system should automatically pick up anyone who scores more than 42 pts and is on the card at least 9 times, calculate an individual score and then add this to their handicap record.
If you feel this hasn’t happened and your score is missing, please contact one of the competitions section to raise your concerns rather than post on Facebook so we can investigate and if needed raise the issue with ClubV1.”

Sounds like the system is still being played on a wing and a prayer.

wjemather

Visit site
Pinched from a club I used to be a member of…

“The new handicap system for 4BBB is up and running and the system should automatically pick up anyone who scores more than 42 pts and is on the card at least 9 times, calculate an individual score and then add this to their handicap record.
If you feel this hasn’t happened and your score is missing, please contact one of the competitions section to raise your concerns rather than post on Facebook so we can investigate and if needed raise the issue with ClubV1.”

Sounds like the system is still being played on a wing and a prayer.
Reads more like a simple lack of understanding of how the process operates.
However, any issues are not going to be helped by giving incomplete/inaccurate information to members.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Reads more like a simple lack of understanding of how the process operates.
However, any issues are not going to be helped by giving incomplete/inaccurate information to members.

Equally, if people are playing the system or the system is flawed, maybe they’re doing the right thing. Just playing Devil’s Advocate…

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A system that inflicts pretendy makey uppy scores on people is probably not a system that will engender the respect that is required to honourably present fair scores.

NearHull

Visit site
Yorkshire Ladies Union had issues with ClubV1 this week for a County 4BBB Event. In the end they asked the Ladies pairs, who achieved 42+, to contact their Club Handicap Committee to carry out a direct input into EG. Just done one. It cut both Ladies, albeit two days late.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yorkshire Ladies Union had issues with ClubV1 this week for a County 4BBB Event. In the end they asked the Ladies pairs, who achieved 42+, to contact their Club Handicap Committee to carry out a direct input into EG. Just done one. It cut both Ladies, albeit two days late.
Given the problems we are having, (only a handful of scores have been uploaded from IG to EG), I was wondering if I should manually process all the others directly into EG. If and when the issue gets resolved and scores are uploaded I could delete my manual inputs to avoid duplicates. It’s coming up to 14 days since the competition was played!