Is This A Record?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a 4BBB match the other day. After %age deductions, I was lowest off 16 and was giving 10 shots to my PP, 2 shots to opponent A and 9 shots to opponent B. Unfortunately I did my best I could and my PP played to his h/cap.

Not sure now, but I think that opponent B had 7 maybe 8 gross pars and, with the shots being given, it meant that on many holes we needed a birdie to half the hole. Playing off 16, that wasn't really going to happen. Checking afterwards, opponent B reckoned that he would have scored around 47 points - playing to about a 14 h/cap. :eek::eek: Opponent A did come in on a couple of holes when his partner faltered :rolleyes:

I think we did well to only lose 7 and 5.

I get the feeling that there's something wrong somewhere ....

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Delamere Forest is a cracking good test of golf. If a 16 h/c had 3 gross birdies and a 43 h/c even managed to get her ball round and they scored 51 points off 85% handicap sorry but something is wrong.
We had a 30 h/c win a medal with a net 63 but he had the round of his life with a 1,2,3,4,5,6, and three 7s on his card (the two was holing a 7 iron for an eagle) - truly the round of his life. If their round was merely ‘steady’ then I question the handicap. If this becomes typical then there is really no point in entering if you have to fundamentally both have to just about break the course record to win.
My wife, 28 HC, hits a good ball off the tee, about 160, and the 43 HC matched her distance all the way round, but her second shot was massively better. I think she could play to 20 no problem. The 9th hole is where to drive to a fairway that is a plateaux about 150, for ladies, from the tee. It's a scary shot. She pulled her first into the rubbish left, her first and only bad drive of the round. Her second landed dead centre. Also, it took Delamere over a week to publish the result. Which was odd, and his club is listed as different. Maybe be a mistake by the comp committe but makes you wonder. Oh, and second place must have been a bit miffed finishing second with 48 points.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife, 28 HC, hits a good ball off the tee, about 160, and the 43 HC matched her distance all the way round, but her second shot was massively better. I think she could play to 20 no problem. The 9th hole is where to drive to a fairway that is a plateaux about 150, for ladies, from the tee. It's a scary shot. She pulled her first into the rubbish left, her first and only bad drive of the round. Her second landed dead centre. Also, it took Delamere over a week to publish the result. Which was odd, and his club is listed as different. Maybe be a mistake by the comp committe but makes you wonder. Oh, and second place must have been a bit miffed finishing second with 48 points.

Where are the results. Would be interested in looking at scores.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking at their handicap records, he plays a lot of singles opens, she only appears to have been playing 12 months and has 17 scores in, so could be an improver.

D-S

Visit site
The only way that would that my wife and I would bother entering mixed opens,if these are the sort of scores that would be required, is if they introduced divisions as 51 points is properly unachievable round a ‘proper’ course.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Opens and such are never entered with a thought of winning as there are too many competitors who have “carefully nurtured their winning opportunity.” Only usually play if it’s a mega course or a decent one that I haven’t played before.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poor old John Summers. 3 over gross and finishes 14th.......:cry::cry::cry:
Whenever I played in the Wednesday Rabbits at Crowborough Beacon, we had 3 divisions.
He'd have won the "proper golfers" division, no problem.

Where are any results for Dunstan Hall kept? They don't seem to be on Diddy Do or Masters.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking at their handicap records, he plays a lot of singles opens, she only appears to have been playing 12 months and has 17 scores in, so could be an improver.

Love that, "improver" LOL. One bad drive all day! She did say that she struggles around their home course. Lord knows why. :eek:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are / were and guess who won? Yup, they did. Only 46 points this time. It appears Lancaster had a 36 HC limit, but they still picked up the winners prize on a very tricky course with difficult pins.
On a better note we scrambled round with 45 points to get fourth place. With me getting three birdies. And if the wife hadn't four putted on the 9th we'd have won. We had a great day with our playing partners for the day. A dad and his daughter. The daughter was off 6, and played like it, but couldn't read the greens

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how many others they have won? They told us, well he did, that they had been driving round the country playing opens all over the place.