How Much Would You Be Willing To Pay

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is that supposed to be about?. I didn't say I didn't - and if the club takes a green fee of say £10/person and reduces entry for members by £10 then I am contributing exactly the same as everyone else to the charity.

As it happens I pay whatever the going rate is for such days because it is the right thing to do. That my head might struggle with me paying a bit to my club to play my own course is just one of these things. I cannot control the thoughts my head flings up.

It just seems at odds with your strong views on charity on another thread. Paraphrasing but, comfortably off golfers quibbling over the cost of a charity golf day when there are those worse off?? Is that the gist? You may say that you are contributing the same, but it’s not all about the cash, it’s about supporting a charity. Do it or don’t do it, but don’t moan about the cost.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
It just seems at odds with your strong views on charity on another thread. Paraphrasing but, comfortably off golfers quibbling over the cost of a charity golf day when there are those worse off?? Is that the gist? You may say that you are contributing the same, but it’s not all about the cash, it’s about supporting a charity. Do it or don’t do it, but don’t moan about the cost.

I am not quibbling - my head might feel some resentment. But I pay. And I do not moan about the cost.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m paying £100 for a charity day in July. No doubt there will also be more money shelled out on the day. The charity supports the illness (and others) that I am just recovering from so it was a no brainier for me to accept the invitation.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't expect to do it on the cheap. My head tells me I am paying to play the course I have already paid to play. But I pay in any case.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable thought process. In the OP case there was no charge by the club so I think that makes it all charity donations. IF the club were charging it would be reasonable for a charity organiser to point out any members so that cost is cut off their bill.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If it's a charity I'm keen on supporting I'll see what the price is and take it from there. To play on my own course including fees, prizes and food there would be a point I'd go to and then consider it getting pricey but would probably still pay. Similarly with away courses. Locally there would be a definite limit for me given the conditioning and layout of the course. That's not to say I wouldn't pay it, but it would have to be for a cause close to my heart.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
going to Shifnal again this year, Captains charity open day only £20 per player, no food included but available on the day and then will add an extra few quid for bunkers etc. and a donation instead of raffle tickets

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How much would you be willing to pay if normal Green Fee was £25.00? £50.00

How much would you be willing to pay if normal Green Fee was £50.00? £75.00

Should members be paying less to enter? No. It's a charity day and if they don't wish to participate then no one is forcing them to. We have a charity day at ours and I am happy to pay for it, no one is forcing me and other members can disappear off and play another course if they so wish. We have one a year and any member who has that much of an issue should have a word with themselves.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How much would you be willing to pay if normal Green Fee was £25.00? £50.00

How much would you be willing to pay if normal Green Fee was £50.00? £75.00

Should members be paying less to enter? No. It's a charity day and if they don't wish to participate then no one is forcing them to. We have a charity day at ours and I am happy to pay for it, no one is forcing me and other members can disappear off and play another course if they so wish. We have one a year and any member who has that much of an issue should have a word with themselves.

Now that is all fine if you can fill the charity day without members...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A local Golf Club is ho ! sting a Charity Golf Day in aid of a national charity.
Format is Ind Stab, Bacon Roll on arrival, Buffet lunch to follow, prizes plus NTP and LD.

How much would you be willing to pay if normal Green Fee was £25.00?

How much would you be willing to pay if normal Green Fee was £50.00

Should members be paying less to enter.

*On this particular day the Courses are only charging the Charity for the food and are waving the Green fee.*(obviously entrants would be unaware of the courses gesture)

Are you going to put us out of our misery? What is the normal green fee for this club, what is the charge for the day?

D

Deleted member 16999

Are you going to put us out of our misery? What is the normal green fee for this club, what is the charge for the day?
Still doing the research mate, club that normally charges £25.00 I suggested to the Charity they charge £40.00 minimum, they’ve come back and suggested £30.00! Unbelievable, I’ve explained the normal costs and told them I’d do further research.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Still doing the research mate, club that normally charges £25.00 I suggested to the Charity they charge £40.00 minimum, they’ve come back and suggested £30.00! Unbelievable, I’ve explained the normal costs and told them I’d do further research.

I guess it partly depends on the club / course and how attractive it is for golfers. For example I played as a guest at Ramside a couple of years ago, it was for a local hospice. The lady organising the day said she had to work really hard to sell the slots. She also added that had it been at Close House she could sell the day easily, they had a few golf days at different courses. Now I like Ramside so no criticism there but her point was that it was not a big enough draw for her to sit back and put her feet up.

The charity you are advising may be worried about having an empty course and want to keep the price low. They know that they will make money on the day, more 4 balls = more money for raffles, auctions etc, and so perhaps having a full course is more important to them.