• I dont purposely watch

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Comments on the Open thread, prompted me to wonder how much golf people watch on TV, I have a friend who watches everything and records what she misses, however I normally only watch the Majors and the Ryder Cup.

So I have done a poll.

I have put this post on another thread. As much as love to play, and I play most days, I find golf the most boring possible game to watch. SORRY, BUT IT'S TRUE

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Watch a fair bit of The Open and the Masters, last round of the PGA, US Open and the Players. That's about it. It's only really the excitement and tension of the back 9 of a major that makes it interesting.....find the rest to be mostly pretty tedious viewing tbh.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I started playing I'd watch anything golf related, Transylvanian Open, the lot.
Nowadays probably just The Open and the Ryder Cup. I'm even Bored of the Masters after a couple of Days of it.

I'd go out of my way to watch a Good magazine type Programme, Set in a studio, special Guests etc.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
i used to watch any that was on sky when i was at home ,the wife liked watching it as well even though she has never played or likely to .unfortunately at the moment i am down to bugger all as i have had to cancel my sky account as i cant afford it whilst im on the sick. £88.45p per week dosent allow for such luxuries these days.

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love watching golf, love seeing what the players are using, for the most of it I like the commentary, I like seeing the golf course. So yeah I watch as much golf as I can.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I love watching golf. more so since I started playing comps and getting my HC down a bit...

I love seeing the different courses and some of the stunning backdrops.

Hawaii, switzerland being the best to yet...

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very little. Ryder Cup and the closing stages of a major but that is it. Surprisingly for a sport that I very much enjoy playing, I find it relatively dull to watch.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Whatever I can manage in any week

I'm often scunnered due to time differences etc that mean I have to switch off early on school nights or get up silly o'clock for the final holes i.e Yesterdays PGA coverage concluded at about 5am this morning

Just changed TV provider for this season so I'll get more golf in for 2016

Happy to watch anything whether its the Masters Sunday or ROTM Euro event inc Seniors golf and also enjoy ladies golf but its still well short everything I can so I chose 'a lot but not everything'

Coverage of the PGA from Hawaii & SA Open this weekend were both close to advert free (I think about 2 an hour) Which is nice even if there is lots of leader-board/landscape screen shots while the host broadcaster has gone to ads in the host country

Also interesting how much the coverage differs depending on host country/broadcaster. So even though most countries are sharing the same feed from the host broadcaster its not just one feed, its several or many which means during a tournament the airtime given to various golfers are what the viewers will be looking for i.e outside the leaders I'll get more coverage of south African golfers while Sky will be showing the likes of Rose/Casey etc and asia will give airtime to their home players

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Very little. Ryder Cup and the closing stages of a major but that is it. Surprisingly for a sport that I very much enjoy playing, I find it relatively dull to watch.

This is me - even this bit. Even last day of The Open I'll maybe play and get in to watch the last couple of hours

WWG

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Another one with you Greg, Its more boring than F1!

I place watching golf along with F1 also, I would add cricket to that also. Some sports televise very well, albeit I don't like watching most of them. For me it's only sports that don't have long gaps between action, and can be viewed in one place. Golf doesn't meet either of those criteria. Best sports are probably football, any racket sport, and snooker, even though I rarely watch the two latter.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I try to watch as much as time permits. I find it cathartic to watch the pros when they miss greens/duff chips/hit the drink/slice it etc. But I also like watching their unbelieveable skill as well.