How often do you play golf per typical month (in summer)

How often do you play golf in a month (in summer)?

• Total voters

Swango1980

Visit site
Just curious how often people would play. Mainly because I'd say I play quite often, probably 11-15, and thought that was decent. However, just looked at MyEG friend list, and one of my mates has posted 37 scores since 2nd April (i.e. 37 scores in 46 days). I also know for a fact he has played more than this, as he has played in better ball comps and mixed pairs comps in that period, which didn't go on to MyEG. Crazy.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the cusp of 10/11 so I voted in the higher category since you specified summer. Been playing Saturdays with mates and Sundays with the wife, plus one midweek round at a different course each month typically, and lastly add in one or two 9 holes practise rounds on a weekday evening makes it up to 10 or 11.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Ive voted 11-15

Get out for 9 holes usually once sometimes twice midweek

Usually then 18 at the weekend.

This time last year I played every day though - Kids! :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm in the 5-10 category. Once at a weekend, and the odd midweek round or open on top. For the next few weeks I am twice a week for sure as I am playing some opens as well.

On Saturday I played with two retired guys who said that they played 5 days a week. That would be too much for me I think, even if retired. 2-3 would be a comfortable amount for me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm in the 5-10 category. Once at a weekend, and the odd midweek round or open on top. For the next few weeks I am twice a week for sure as I am playing some opens as well.

On Saturday I played with two retired guys who said that they played 5 days a week. That would be too much for me I think, even if retired. 2-3 would be a comfortable amount for me.
I used to think I wouldn't want to play that much either. But as I've been playing better recently, the better I play the more I want to play, so I've been keener than ever. I probably could stand to play 4-5 times in a week if other commitments allowed! Obviously the next time I shoot in the 90s again I'll completely change my mind and bin it off for a week. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to think I wouldn't want to play that much either. But as I've been playing better recently, the better I play the more I want to play, so I've been keener than ever. I probably could stand to play 4-5 times in a week if other commitments allowed! Obviously the next time I shoot in the 90s again I'll completely change my mind and bin it off for a week. :LOL:
You are probably right. Playing well brings you back for more.

I get lower back problems and at the moment it is consistently sore. That means I have to manage my golf and it tempers the amount I want to play. If I was pain free then I would probably feel very different.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Once a weekend, occasionally twice, so will average about 5 times a month (no off season so its the same all year)
Would play more if I didn't have to fork out a green fee each time

D

Deleted member 1147

Middle of summer probably averages out at just over 2 games per week. Not all of them over 18 holes however.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
3 - 4 times per week winter or summer, weather permitting. I used to think I would get bored with playing the same course if I played more than twice a week. Now I miss it on the days I'm not playing, although I am probably at my limit.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
11 to 15. Usual Sunday competition, vets league games against local clubs, various knockout matches also golf week in early June looking like 5 games in 8 days coming up soon

Carlwm

Visit site
I try and play twice a week, on a short course, usually in the morning, before work. Done & dusted by around 9am, most times. Occasionally, I'll fit a round in after work too.

Rarely ever play on my days off. Prefer to go hillwalking then.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Highly variable, I rarely play competitions more than once or max twice per month.
Play casually with friends 1-2 per week.
If the weather is good I will go up in the evening for a few holes frequently.
A few can be a full round if the course is quiet and the weather good.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
once a month for me at the moment but a local 9 hole course has just reopened so i'll probably join that.

it wont win any awards but its a 10 min drive and i'll be able to play 2-3 times a week plus use the driving as much as i want

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Generally one evening during the week. Usually 9 holes and once per weekend.

On average it’s probably 8 times per month in the summer

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 times a week guaranteed. Maybe a couple more if I am playing for the club or if I am still in the club KO competitions. I’m already out of one of them?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
3 or 4 18 hole rounds and 1 or 2 9 holers every week.
Fortunate enough to be able to work part-time so taking full advantage