How often do you play golf per typical month (in summer)

How often do you play golf in a month (in summer)?

• Total voters

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
A bit less since I had my baby in 2020.

Usually get out 2/3 evenings a week and then one morning on the weekend. I am a five minute walk away from my course which definitely helps.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Currently twice a week but we're having the garden done at the moment so most evenings and weekends are taken up by me being the landscapers dogsbody.

I'm hoping that once its all done I can sneak another few holes somewhere once the luttlun has gone to bed.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1 singles competition per weekend.
A second game in one weekend per month whether matchplay, team, friendly.
1 or 2 nine hole casual rounds after work per week according to the light.
Another couple of games on average per summer month, but actually concentrated into a couple of weeks holidays or long weekend golf trips.
In contrast, clubs more or less put away for the 4 months Nov to Feb.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m 11-15, sometimes more. At least one 9-holer during the week along with one 18, and then at least once at a weekend, occasionally twice. Any more than that and, to be honest, I feel over golfed.

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
not enough - I'm trying to get out 2+ times a week but injured my foot in April so only got out 3 times last month. grrr

January - 15
May (so far) - 9

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
16-20.
At least 3 mornings a week, I play the 9 holer over the road at 7am before work.
Then at least once a weekend, and maybe twice on occasion, at Westerham or playing for the club in league matches elsewhere.

Bobthesock

Visit site
I've played 3 times this year, if you want to play regular golf, don't move to Spain, unless you are absolutely minted.:ROFLMAO:
Where in Spain are you? I bought a house in Costa del sol just to play golf. Before covid it was expensive, now it's just ridiculous. House rented out and back In England!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Where in Spain are you? I bought a house in Costa del sol just to play golf. Before covid it was expensive, now it's just ridiculous. House rented out and back In England!

We're on the Costa Blanca mate, just checked the green fee at a local course which is nothing special - 73 euros.

Hopefully by July / August, I'll be back in West Yorkshire and my membership at my old club re-started, and I'll be back to playing golf at least once a week.

Bobthesock

Visit site
We're on the Costa Blanca mate, just checked the green fee at a local course which is nothing special - 73 euros.

Hopefully by July / August, I'll be back in West Yorkshire and my membership at my old club re-started, and I'll be back to playing golf at least once a week.
Don't blame you, if it's anything like Costa del sol they are charging 70-100 euros for what would be 25 quid at home. Don't get me wrong I love playing in Spain but I'm like you and realised it's holiday golf and not something you can do 2/3 times a week all year!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Don't blame you, if it's anything like Costa del sol they are charging 70-100 euros for what would be 25 quid at home. Don't get me wrong I love playing in Spain but I'm like you and realised it's holiday golf and not something you can do 2/3 times a week all year!

Indeed, it's not even that cheap to live here, I'm self employed, 314 euros a month social security, 20% tax, 21% IVA, half my potential customers think I should be charging 70 euros a day - because "it's supposed to be cheap here".

I wouldn't recommend it to anybody that was coming here to attempt to live an active golfing lifestyle off a limited budget.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Typically 3 or 4 times a week (not always 18), but having had a knee replacement operation a fortnight ago, this summer will be mainly taken up with rehabilitation.