Watching golf on the TV

Do you watch professional golf on TV?

• Total voters

sunshine

Visit site
Those people who are watching ANY of the golf...but not really.....are you paying for sports on tv, but not using it? Madness. Either you watch sports...and pay for it, or like me..bugger it, and don't pay for it.

The golf isn't that expensive if you have everything else already. Some people want to have the option of watching golf, even if they don't watch much. Hardly madness.

I could give you a long list of items that people buy and never use. George Foreman grill, gym membership, my wife has a wardrobe of coats and handbags that don't see the light of day :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would imagine that the number of people recording sporting events has dwindled to a very low number these days. Given that mostly households have multiple screens, and the ability to stream live TV anywhere you are. And the prevalence of social media makes it near-impossible to avoid finding out the result of something.

I could never record something like a football match and watch it later anyway. Tried once or twice years ago, but if I know it's already happened then I just wanted to know the result immediately. Not knowing annoys me, just couldn't get into it the same as if it were live.

I live on my own (widowed, children grownup and gone) for me it's why watch something on a 5" screen when I could be watching on a 50" one. I do have a laptop and sometimes watch on the 40" TV in the bedroom via SkyGo

You would not know the lengths I sometimes go to not to know the results. Hardest though is football results on a Saturday because the club TV is always tuned to Sky Sports News and several of the guys have to shout out the results after checking on their phones.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would imagine that the number of people recording sporting events has dwindled to a very low number these days. Given that mostly households have multiple screens, and the ability to stream live TV anywhere you are. And the prevalence of social media makes it near-impossible to avoid finding out the result of something.

I could never record something like a football match and watch it later anyway. Tried once or twice years ago, but if I know it's already happened then I just wanted to know the result immediately. Not knowing annoys me, just couldn't get into it the same as if it were live.
So difficult these days to try and avoid knowing a football result. Always reminds me of that Likely Lads episode. These days the scores and news in general just seems everywhere and so difficult to not see