How many will submit “Qualfying Cards”

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Will you submit cards outside of Comps and how many

• Total voters

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
if i'm playing in the Roll up and the weather is nice... IE not blowing a gale i might put some cards in. i'd imagine a few of the other guys will too

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The weekly Tuesday, Thursday and both Saturday roll ups will all be for the pot, as will the weekly Saturday stableford. Never mind all the other individual comps that we run.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Before WHS we got charged £3 per extra card

I refuse to pay that, amount cards I want to add would add £15 a month to my membership
Yes, up to last year we were charging £3 for Supplementaries. due to the fact we have a great many opportunities for Comps. Took it off leading up to WHS to encourage folk to submit more scores. I wouldn't be surprised to see a small charge being restored.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The requirement has always been at least 3 people.

GP scores are now a much more common and integral part of the handicap system, there is absolutely no way any club should be charging extra for this.

There are a fair number of clubs operating on proprietary/resort courses whose sole income is a percentage of competition fees. It would not seem unreasonable for there to be a small contribution to club funds for a General Play card. Club funds support the administration for all club members.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Amazing how some clubs have so many comps.

I am just as amazed at how many clubs seem to have very few comps and seem to want to stop running them as soon as there is any sign of the weather being anything other than summer conditions.

We have comps alternate Saturdays main course and 9 hole course, 2 Sundays a month, alternate Mondays for seniors, Tuesdays Ladies and Nine hole on the short course, two Thursdays a month and two Fridays a month.

Last edited:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Submitted every round I played after WHS came in. Nothing to it, if you’re not happy doing it, you’re just protecting your handicap.... weird
Pretty much every round i play except comps is match play with mates. There's nothing inherently devious about it, and I suspect many golfers are like this.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Apart from the fact that there's not a single golfer on the planet who wants to hole out and keep their best possible score EVERY single time they play golf.

I don’t know what the problem is?

The only reason I wouldn’t put a card in would be if I played with a mate who isn’t another member and dicked around.

I’m not saying throw your practise rounds in... but your scorecard in hand rounds- why not?