From the 19th July how are folk's Clubs planning to revert back to the 'normal' way of processing Comps & General-play scores?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the words of EngGolf- From the 19th July...........
"Competitions and Scoring • Competition and scoring for handicap functions, including the registration process, handling and submitting of scorecards, and administration may revert to pre-pandemic operations."
Prior to Covid & WHS .....
** all Competition cards had to be submitted for verification & H/caps wouldn't change until the Comp was closed

** Supplementary rounds had to pre-registered & the cards returned for verification

We're very reluctant to return fully to the old system & would rather use electronic verification of scores as per the HDIDo & MyEG Apps. However the HDIDo PSI does not have a 'Playing partner' verification system.

Are there any other ISP's that provide a better service in this respect that will facilitate a 'card-free' future?

We have a 'H/cap Team' email facility that folk can send their card to should they have technical issues or simply make an error in their submission by the other methods.

Would love to hear of any other methods Clubs are proposing to use to ease this process.

We'll need something as we're getting 300 'General Play' rounds a month submitted & many are unverified on the PSI.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No idea, my club are never the quickest at getting information out so not expecting anything for a few days. I hope they will stay with the app as I find it much easier

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
"...handling and submitting of scorecards, and administration may revert to pre-pandemic operations."

I believe my club will be doing just that. (change "may" to "will")
But no official confirmation from H&C as yet.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the words of EngGolf- From the 19th July...........
"Competitions and Scoring • Competition and scoring for handicap functions, including the registration process, handling and submitting of scorecards, and administration may revert to pre-pandemic operations."
Prior to Covid & WHS .....
** all Competition cards had to be submitted for verification & H/caps wouldn't change until the Comp was closed

** Supplementary rounds had to pre-registered & the cards returned for verification

We're very reluctant to return fully to the old system & would rather use electronic verification of scores as per the HDIDo & MyEG Apps. However the HDIDo PSI does not have a 'Playing partner' verification system.

Are there any other ISP's that provide a better service in this respect that will facilitate a 'card-free' future?

We have a 'H/cap Team' email facility that folk can send their card to should they have technical issues or simply make an error in their submission by the other methods.

Would love to hear of any other methods Clubs are proposing to use to ease this process.

We'll need something as we're getting 300 'General Play' rounds a month submitted & many are unverified on the PSI.

Maybe put an email out and ask for as many people as possible to use golf England app for general play scores to help you out, point out the benefits of instant handicap update, ease of use etc etc

Freeing up your work load for those unable to use the app

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We had an email yesterday.
The course is going back to pre COVID , ie rakes in bunkers flags out if required etc.
As for cards I quote
“During competition play, or marking cards for handicap purposes, scorecards should be exchanged and marked by your playing partners. You can continue to use the My England Golf App for nominated rounds.”

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine put an email out within minutes stating we will revert to previous ways immediately, with a cheer ?. Card plus psi. We are not able to use apps to enter scores, the club will not allow it. Technophobes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine put an email out within minutes stating we will revert to previous ways immediately, with a cheer ?. Card plus psi. We are not able to use apps to enter scores, the club will not allow it. Technophobes.

They litterally can't stop you using golf England ?

You use it. Verify the score and it happens..the handicap sec can't do anything about it..my rounds don't appear as qualifiers on the home system..

If they deleted your rounds you can report them to county level

D

Deleted member 15344

We will continue to use both as we did before Covid - now people who didn’t use smartphone can use the PSI

The EG app is causing issues though with people using is when we play comps and also entering rounds when playing in team comps.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Nothing from club yet, it was unclear from england golf how qualifying scores will be handled? I assume if rakes are not put back in play then preferred lies in bunkers are permissible for a qualifying round, but if rakes are put out then preferred lies are not allowed for a qualifying score....

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
We will continue to use both as we did before Covid - now people who didn’t use smartphone can use the PSI

The EG app is causing issues though with people using is when we play comps and also entering rounds when playing in team comps.
That's not the app causing the problem.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's not the app causing the problem.
True but it also imo shows the disconnect between EG and the ISV’s - there needs to be a way for EG App to be connected to the clubs ISV so that the EG App can find a way to stop people putting a card in during comps etc

Whilst it is the players doing it - right now it’s causing a lot of work and also a lot of arguments when some very good scores are being removed when entered from a team comp

Still believe that home rounds should only be entered using the clubs ISV so it can be monitored easier

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
True but it also imo shows the disconnect between EG and the ISV’s - there needs to be a way for EG App to be connected to the clubs ISV so that the EG App can find a way to stop people putting a card in during comps etc

Whilst it is the players doing it - right now it’s causing a lot of work and also a lot of arguments when some very good scores are being removed when entered from a team comp

Still believe that home rounds should only be entered using the clubs ISV so it can be monitored easier
Agree with your first line, it can't be that hard to code some logic that says player x can't submit a card via EG as they are registered in a comp.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yet to be advised by our club.

I can see no change other than we might well go back to exchanging cards.

We input our cards via PSI screens or the IG app so they appear on EG WHS portal next day without the comp being closed.

Players chose to submit General Play cards by whichever method they chose, most use the PSI screen so again once in the system to get uploaded to the WHS portal straightaway as far as I am aware.

At the moment if General Play cards are submitted via the IG App or PSI screen the cards are returned but I do not know if they get checked. The IG PSI screen does not have marker verification.

The manager does not get involved with scores submitted via the EG app.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They litterally can't stop you using golf England ?

You use it. Verify the score and it happens..the handicap sec can't do anything about it..my rounds don't appear as qualifiers on the home system..

If they deleted your rounds you can report them to county level
We were told not to use it, they would not accept scores entered this way. That may be just for home rounds, I don't know. I don't feel strongly enough to push it and create a problem, we are a proprietary club not a members club. The mantra is very much 'if you don't like it.....'

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We were told not to use it, they would not accept scores entered this way. That may be just for home rounds, I don't know. I don't feel strongly enough to push it and create a problem, we are a proprietary club not a members club. The mantra is very much 'if you don't like it.....'

Fair enough, but litterally If you do a general play card via golf England they won't even appear on your record for the club to adjust

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Yeah this is a bit weird to me!

You enter the score in, a PP approves it and your handicap adjusts. The club arent involved at all in that process, so why are they telling you not to do this... strange one!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah this is a bit weird to me!

You enter the score in, a PP approves it and your handicap adjusts. The club arent involved at all in that process, so why are they telling you not to do this... strange one!
Manager, also does the h/c work, is a technophobe, thinks people can fiddle the system if they are not using a pencil and card. He heard of early teething problems at other clubs and the shutters came down. Pushing doesn't work. We will have to wait a while and then ask again. It's poor but is how it is.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Manager, also does the h/c work, is a technophobe, thinks people can fiddle the system if they are not using a pencil and card. He heard of early teething problems at other clubs and the shutters came down. Pushing doesn't work. We will have to wait a while and then ask again. It's poor but is how it is.

Typical philistine. Because nobody can cheat using a card and pencil if they want

Cheats will ALWAYS cheat

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

But I dont get why you just dont do it anyway? They surely dont monitor you to ensure youre not?