THE RESPONSIBILITY TO RETURN SCORES FROM COMPETITIONS

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Absolutely. Every Saturday the club organises a 'sign up on the day as you turn up' stableford that is a qualifying round - and this will now be a WHS 'one for the pot' round (I don't even think of it as a 'counting' round as most of the time it wont be). I could choose to enter the club's qualifying stableford comp as well as play in the rollup. As a result I had to hole every putt even although in the context of the rollup I might be given some.

And so in effect what has happened now that our rollup individual stableford comp is to be a WHS 'one for the pot' round is just what happened previously if I had entered the club stableford qualifier. I claim rights over FTP/OFTP - as in an WHS FTP (For the Pot) round :)

I wish my club was so accommodating for people who like competitive golf.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I wish my club was so accommodating for people who like competitive golf.
As it happens most of us didn't enter the club qualifier - as it was a qualifier with all that that entailed under the old system. If one or two of us in a four fancied entering then often we all (or most) would - just to avoid confusion and keep things 'level playing field' in our informal 4BBB match. Things are actually going to be a bit more straightforward in that respect under WHS with our individual rollup round being FTP :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not disputing any of the above but individuals or organizers would have to pre register before hand and ensure all cards/scores are returned.

Looking for something else I found this

The Handicap Committee may consider a player to have pre-registered their
intent to submit an acceptable score for handicap purposes when playing an
authorized format of play in a regular, organized event with other players.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking for something else I found this

The Handicap Committee may consider a player to have pre-registered their
intent to submit an acceptable score for handicap purposes when playing an
authorized format of play in a regular, organized event with other players.
I had seen it bur couldn't find it earlier. What is the WHS Rule reference please?