How many competitions have you played so far this season?

D

Deleted Member 1156

18 competitive rounds for me, 15 0.1's and 3 RO's. Gone from 5.0 to 6.5

2 competition rounds left at St Enodoc in September then my clubs go on ebay.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive played 21 qualifiers at home course so far & plenty of open competitions over the season.

Got about 10 or 11 qualifiers at home left yet and 1 more open.

MizunoMike

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not sure how many I have played this year but I plan to play another 6 before the end of the season and will get a few Opens in along the way. It's always good to test yourself around another few course's as it let's you see if you handicap travels well rather than just on your home course. I have played more match play events this year than qualifiers so need to get a few Q'S in if I want to get the handicap down.

Fozzie

Club Champion
Visit site
Can't remember off the top of my head, but I enter a lot of comps. For me competitive golf helps me focus more, especially Medal play. Had a few results as well & will have my name on the board at least twice by the end of the season. I won our Winter Matchplay knockout in March & followed it up winning The Tigers & Rabbits greensomes comp.(I was a Rabbit back then!)
Also won a medal last month which kickstarted my big drop in handicap. My plan now is to drop a couple more to enable me to play in some more Opens.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
2......:(
1 x 0.1 and 1 x buffer...

Had high hopes for this season as well, but hey ho, hopefully I'll be back playing in time to plan for next season.....:thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Danny, do you need another comp to keep your HC active or does your injury make you exempt?

I'm fairly certain that the injury should make me exempt. I've spoken to the club about it, but I'm fairly relaxed anyway as I'm going to be changing clubs in the new year anyway.

If Fridays appointment with the Doc goes well then I'm hoping to be able to play 18 before the end of the season anyway. I might have to look out for some clubs with plastic shafts in the short term though.....:D

titleistkid

Club Champion
Visit site
Capture.JPG

I'd consider this a fairly good year, I have come down from 5.0 to 3.5 with a brief spell at 3. usually I play about 40 comps which makes it hell of a difficult to maintain never mind lower your handicap so missed out on a few that I wouldnt have fancied getting cut due to the conditions.

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've played 20 qualifiers at Home so far, got another 2 this weekend.

4 x cuts
12 x 0.1
4 x buffer

Quite happy with 1st season at new track and currently dropped from 9.9 to 8.7.

Also made buffer in both opens I've played so far, spurning a chance of a decent cut with a few schoolboy mistakes too.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've played 20 qualifiers at Home so far, got another 2 this weekend.

4 x cuts
12 x 0.1
4 x buffer

Quite happy with 1st season at new track and currently dropped from 9.9 to 8.7.

Also made buffer in both opens I've played so far, spurning a chance of a decent cut with a few schoolboy mistakes too.

Still enjoying it then i see big fella :thup: