How many competitions have you played so far this season?

Spark.

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing my first medal tomorrow night, wanting to get a handicap together, quite nervous tbh. Hopefully get two cards in aswell before the stableford comp next saturday which im more looking forward to. :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No idea how many but played as many as I can all season. Started at 10.1 and now 11.2 so not the progress I wanted yet I do believe I am hitting the ball better than last season. I have been close to the buffer zone a few times but still having too many blow up holes that ruin the card.

ventura

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm surprised how little many have played in, thought everyone on here were playing in at least 3 a week.

Played 12 qualifiers and a couple of non qualifying team events. 4 x 0.1s, 1 x 1.6 cut and 7 buffers, I'll get another cut next weekend though (hopefully).

drs1878

Head Pro
Visit site
I've not played as many comps as I wanted...... Kids and working shifts put pay to that and thus I haven't adjusted my handicap as I had planned !!!!!

2 x 0.1's
1 x buffer.......

Not had a cut yet in a total of 7 comps since I started playing!!!!

Live in hope for the weekend tho....

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I play every handicap qualifier I can. Which boils down to only 20 so far this season, with 7 of those being at away courses.

10 x 0.1
6 x buffer
4 x cut (total - 1.4)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's bordering on 2 1/2 Seasons for me.....:(

Yeah, it doesn't seem too bad but comps are all front loaded. I played 13 in April/May and only 7 in June/July/August. I've got a couple of opens coming up this month but there are no more (ladies) qualifiers at my own club until September. So basically, when the weather's good (theoretically), course in good nick and my game sharp there's a distinct lack of qualifiers.... :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah, it doesn't seem too bad but comps are all front loaded. I played 13 in April/May and only 7 in June/July/August. I've got a couple of opens coming up this month but there are no more (ladies) qualifiers at my own club until September. So basically, when the weather's good (theoretically), course in good nick and my game sharp there's a distinct lack of qualifiers.... :(

Yeah, Fish seems to have this problem too....strange......

Being a Midweeker I get 2 Comps per month from March to November but several coincide with that stupid thing called Work that I have to do from time to time......

Iain.faulkner

Club Champion
Visit site
I've played in 13 competitions this year (winning 1), I've had three 0.1 increases, 7 buffer zones and 3 0.4 reductions, I've also played one team event which we won but i don't think counted towards handicapping as it was a best 2 from 4 comp.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, Fish seems to have this problem too....strange......

Being a Midweeker I get 2 Comps per month from March to November but several coincide with that stupid thing called Work that I have to do from time to time......

I have a possible 24 qualifiers April through October. Would have 35 possibles if I was male.... and even more if I was an old man!

;)

Cityfanbrian

Club Champion
Www.fairfieldgolfclub.co.uk
We have two per week, Saturday and Wednesday, from April till October , I play in most of them on Saturday and Wednesday until the light draws in (half day holiday today) so I must of played about 30. I've played off 19, 20, 18 and 19 so far!

I am Spartacus

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Do pub golf outings count as competitions?

I won a Ping Polo shirt and a bottle of Gin last week. The Gin didn't survive the bus journey back and I lost the shirt somewhere!

:eek:

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
8 - nothing special results wise but generally played ok. Handicap is down on the season at least, so that's a plus.