So how did your Summer season go ?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Darn good season for me. Played this game for many, many years (25 - 30?) and always had been hovering between h/c 19 & 21. My aim for the season was hopefully not to be the rabbit of our 3ball. Started this year at 21.3 in March. Steady improvements over the summer has me now dropped to 14.3. Pleased as punch. :):):)

Ps. Won one summer matchplay knockout, and made the semi-final in the other.

Similar theme for me (without the comp win)
Far too many years fliting between 19-21 and this year I get down to 15.6 due to more sub 90 rounds this year than previous 5 years

So I now know that being a fat unfit lump was definitely holding my handicap back :oops: who'd have thunk it :eek:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played a 14 holes stretch two under. We’ll ignore the first and last two holes.

That reminds me of the first time I thought I was going to break par. I stood over my second shot the par 4 17th at 2 under par and stood on the 18th tee at 2 over par.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Decent...
2 couple of medal wins, plenty of 2s as well..a healthy Pro shop account.
The Index began at 6.5 and currently sits at 5.2.
Playing at least 9 holes 5 or 6 days a week and loving every Goddamn second of it..?

D

Deleted member 25172

Shite. Started the year on 5.1 and now at 6.0, which will be 6.3 after Sunday if nothing out of the ordinary happen. Have broken 80 4 times this year, of which 2 of them came on the same day. Not enjoying it, and after H4H I'll probably bin it off for the winter. On the other hand, what am I supposed to do on weekends?

Newtonuti

Visit site
Not as well as expected! Although a large part of that has been down to just purely not having the time to practice. Hoping to get more range work in over winter and get that handicap down by next summer.

D

Deleted member 25172

Not as well as expected! Although a large part of that has been down to just purely not having the time to practice. Hoping to get more range work in over winter and get that handicap down by next summer.

The complete opposite. Having moved in April I now live a 3 minute drive from a driving range which also have a chipping and putting green that can be used for free. Since spring I've spent ample hours chipping and putting away several days a week, combined with sessions on the range. This is the first year that I've "properly" practised, and look where that got me. :eek::D

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Pretty happy with my season. Got down from 15 to currently 11.2, and hoping that my next qualifier might see me get under 11 as I still have an 87 counting in my 8 best. Already at the lowest handicap I have ever been.

Realistically think I can get to single figures next year, if not before.

Playing 3 times a week at least, feel more integrated in the club (joined just before lock down so the first 2 years were hard to mix, get to know, other members).
Played for our seniors team in 2 leagues and won all but a couple of my matches.....and I won the club seniors' knock out.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Shite. Started the year on 5.1 and now at 6.0, which will be 6.3 after Sunday if nothing out of the ordinary happen. Have broken 80 4 times this year, of which 2 of them came on the same day. Not enjoying it, and after H4H I'll probably bin it off for the winter. On the other hand, what am I supposed to do on weekends?

Just in time for H4H; don't forget your sombrero... ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Only played 3 rounds this year, which is 2 rounds more than in the last 2 years. Picked up a few 2’s and even a longest drive. Looking to play a game before Christmas. Not really missing it to be honest. Struggling off 7, more like 14, but my expectations aren’t big anyway.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My handicap has suffered from a bit of inflation, but I put that down to external forces and Putin, nothing to do with my game plan, which I'm determined will deliver and deliver and deliver.
Eventually.
Or not.

HPIMG

Visit site
Mines was decent. Gave myself a few targets single figures and shoot a level par. I went from 26 handicap to 9 in my second year of golf took up golf end of October 2020 and this was my first year working on my handicap. I shot level par on winter greens but still was very happy with it apart from that had a few +3 +4 rounds. Pro said I should of got lower he wanted 7 handicap but there’s always next year.

Targets for next year is minimum 5 handicap and a proper level par round and I would love a hole in one.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a very so so season played some great golf and scored badly.
Played some poor golf and scored better that’s golf.
Hcap wise I have gone to 8.0 a rise of 2 whole shots.
I have never shaved the hole so much as this year but our greens have been fantastic so only me to blame but incredibly frustrating.
Managed a board comp play off but lost.
Few swing changes atm so plenty to work on.
I love golf , but hate it sometimes.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started at 18.0, went up to 18.7, came down to 17.5, ended on 18.0 ?‍♂️

Moved to a new club and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a harder course than my last one, tests more aspects of my game but I'm enjoying that. I've learned how to play the course better over the year so that should help next year.

The parts of my game that were poor last year are still poor now, I need to practice if I want to change that but frankly I'm lazy.

The big upside is the 2 trips away, the multiple opens and visits to play with friends. Add that to my home games and I've had a belter of a season ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have had a very enjoyable year. Took the game up 7 years ago, and for the first 6 years, basically played with the same 3 or 4 lads. It was enjoyable but non competitive and didn't drive me to improve. Fell in with a larger group of around 20 late last year, have played with them 3 times a week ever since. It's pretty competitive and great fun, and my game has improved a fair bit as a result.

Have also started playing in comps regularly, and have done well, got to the semis in 2 match play comps and had a few good showings in the weekly sweeps.

Made a few tweaks to my driving and hybrids with great results in terms of distance and cutting out bad shots. Irons and short game are nowhere near where they should be, need to focus on them over the winter.

In terms of hcap, dropped from 19.2 to 17.0 over the season.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having left my beloved Ilfracombe golf club due to the fact I was only playing once a week and not practicing at all,I was stuck around 7.
Joined Taunton and Pickeridge I believe at 7.2.
Currently 2.4
Been playing and practicing regularly which has made all the difference.
Have won 2 team comps
Won the Terry Mockeridge cups singles and pairs.
Won the Baffie comp shooting 1 under and a nett 62
Had back to back level par rounds in friendly games.
Won the Seniors champs
Have won 3 other comps
Over £450 in prize money including 2s
Had 8 or 9 handicap cuts
Had a purple patch for about 4 months and me and my partner undefeated in our seniors Avalon league.
Couldn’t have had a more productive season.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a decent year but overall, shaved 5 shots off the handicap, won a couple of comps and had quite a few top 5’s too.

I haven’t played as much as I’d have liked, I think if I had I’d be down at single figures but still enjoying improving my game.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not bad. HI has bounced around between 5.5 & 6.3, currently sitting at 6.2. Two decent rounds in the club championship saw me runner up in the senior section (gross & net), and with the help of my regular partner, won the foursomes knockout. Particularly enjoyed that as it was a great match in the final and it now means that I've won the set in matchplay knockouts; singles, 4BBB and foursomes, the last 2 with the same partner.