How long should a pair of golf shoes last?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've noticed people seem to have an issue with waterproofing going. The only ones I've had trouble with are Footjoy (tongue/upper area) all my other shoes have been fine. I wore my old Decathlon pair during the winter just gone, they are 2.5 years old, have never been looked after properly (always just left in the garage after a round with a baby wipe rub down once in a blue moon) yet they are still waterproof. Great value for £55. :)
I had those Decathlon ones. They did last me over a year and I only replaced them as the internal lining was wearing a little bit. They were still perfectly waterproof. I've kept them in a box as a fall-back plan if I ever need them again.

Springveldt

Visit site
I had those Decathlon ones. They did last me over a year and I only replaced them as the internal lining was wearing a little bit. They were still perfectly waterproof. I've kept them in a box as a fall-back plan if I ever need them again.
Exact same for me. My Adidas ones are white so wasn't wanting to wear them over winter and had to stick a couple of plasters onto the heal lining as I had wore it away. They did the job admirably.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I suppose it depends on how often you play and what the conditions are like. I usually rotate 2 or 3 pairs at a time as I play at least 3 times a week and in summer more I get maybe 5 years or more from the eccos. I did have a pair of fj maybe 14 years ago that fell apart after a year they went back to Fj and I was asked how often they were used, when I answered I was told they that was excessive. They were replaced but they made it clear it wouldn't be again.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Also with spikeless there's how often you wear them off the course
My old eccos were also worn as casual shoes and even to work

Plenty non golf miles added

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I play at least twice a week throughout the year and if my shoes last 12 months I’m delighted. Most don’t last that long.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Another (y) for the Decathlon, I've had a pair of the waterproof ones and must have played over 75 rounds in them and they still keep my feet dry.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a tendency to drag my right foot across the ground during my follow through so the toe end of the right shoe generally wears far quicker. But I expect a pair to last two years for me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have a tendency to drag my right foot across the ground during my follow through so the toe end of the right shoe generally wears far quicker. But I expect a pair to last two years for me.

I do that a la Greg Norman so the toe of my right shoe does get worn but never to the detriment of the shoe. It is like anything though, the more you look after something, the more chance of it lasting.