Golf Shoes

sunshine

Visit site
The problem I have with those shoes is the sole has very small dimples that don’t look like they give enough grip in the wet. I know they are summer shoes, but they need to be ok in a bit of dew.

I have 2 pairs of spikeless puma golf shoes. Alpha cat and fusion classic. They are very comfy.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'm still fuming at having been deprived of steel spikes so many years ago.
I absolutely abhor "soft spikes," so I wear spikeless golf shoes with molded soles.
I don't have a favorite brand.

Not great. Nothing gives a solid foundation like the old golf shoes did.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site

Smoj

Visit site
I'm still fuming at having been deprived of steel spikes so many years ago.
I absolutely abhor "soft spikes," so I wear spikeless golf shoes with molded soles.
I don't have a favorite brand.

Not great. Nothing gives a solid foundation like the old golf shoes did.
Many tour pros are using these - https://www.softspikes.co.uk/products/tour-flex-pro I have them in a pair of footjoy premieres and they're great, durable and just as stable as the pro stingers imo

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Well that is only your perception of yourself you need to get over. 😛
I have a similar problem.
I'd like to get some golf joggers, but need some good advice.
I'm in pretty good shape for someone approaching 64 very soon.
But I'm trying to deal with a fear I have that I will end up looking like Max Wall (with a lot less hair)

Max Wall.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having checked with our club, spike apparently are not banned but they would prefer them for winter use only. I kind of understand that from a grip in the wet point of view and ideal as I have an old pair of shoes with spikes in for such an occurrence. I am concerned though about the damage on wet winter greens they could potentially cause

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back to the original post. I've put in some metal eyelets on the holes / rips in the golf shoes with a gadgit I've borrowed back and it's worked a treat. I've also got a another brand new pair of these shoes (which I got when places were dumping old stock) and put the metal eyelets in them already!