Gore-Tex shoes for golf

Mandofred

Visit site
Generally speaking, the leather ones seem to work the longest for me. Terrible luck with pricy Footjoy models. Of the shoes I've had in the last 7 years that I can remember.....all waterproof.
*Moved back to the UK in 2015 with a beat up pair of Nike somethings.....lasted years, but were still hanging in there. (y)
*FJ DNA. Uncomfortable, but waterproof. Sole seperated at 1 year. (n)
*FJ Hyperflex. Sides cracked at 1 year. (n)
*Cheapie FJ shoe I bought at the pro shop because I forgot my shoes one day. Only FJ shoe I've had that worked.....and worked....and worked. Finally threw away because the inside was desolving. (y)(y)(y)
*Adidas 360 from about 2018, most uncomfortable golf shoe I've ever owned, but indestructable and waterproof. Still in the garage in case I'm desperate for a shoe.(y)
*Ecco. Nice for 1 year and sole seperated. (n)

Current shoes
*Skechers spiked shoe. Still alive after a couple of winters, although this might be it's last season coming up. (y)(y)
*Skechers spikeless. Use during the drier months. A year old and doing fine although the inside material is dying. I "might" get another season out of them, but will switch back to my spiked shoes in the near future. (y)(y)

I'm sticking to Skechers for the near future, although I've been tempted by the Adidas shoes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Those shoes look fine to me, as in you wouldn't get called up on it. Most golf shoes look like trainers as it is. I'm not sure they have enough grip for winter though, you'd probably want a bit more than that?

I wear Eccos which are Gore-texed, as mentioned above. And they are still spikeless but have a much thicker tread than those Adidas ones so you're not going to slip very often.

They have a fair variety though so you can get plain black if you want. I have these ones which obviously come in black as well.

I have these Boa waterproofs and they are a thing of beauty, this is the third season I have had them and they are still like new. After every round I give them a wipe over with a leather wipe and they go in the box.
I have two pairs of waterproof footwear, these Ecco Boas and a pair of Footjoy Boots, for when it is really bruta, our place can get muddy in the winter. They too are a thing of beauty. Got to say as well that is a fantastic price for those Ecco shoes you have found Ori. ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a carry on, I'd rather just buy the right footwear in the first place :ROFLMAO:

It happens to all my shoes once they get soaked tbh! I ruined a brand new pair of foot joys because the rough was wet and it went over the top

Same with winter shoes after a while

Springveldt

Visit site
I must have been lucky with my shoes as the only pair that claimed to be waterproof but were crap were a pair of Footjoy Boa things. The instance I stepped in the rough the water came in at the uppers where the tongue and upper meet.

Other than that, all the ones I've had that said they were waterproof have been. I even wore my old pair of Decathlon shoes the other week which are 3 years old now. They have been in the garage for the last 2 years and they were still waterproof.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must have been lucky with my shoes as the only pair that claimed to be waterproof but were crap were a pair of Footjoy Boa things. The instance I stepped in the rough the water came in at the uppers where the tongue and upper meet.

Other than that, all the ones I've had that said they were waterproof have been. I even wore my old pair of Decathlon shoes the other week which are 3 years old now. They have been in the garage for the last 2 years and they were still waterproof.
Ah yes, my Inesis/Decathlon shoes were excellent, especially for only 55 quid. I only moved on from them as the internal linings had starting wearing through after two years.