How do you know it’s yours?

Wolf

Visit site
A pink dot each side of the Brand logo in my caase the B of bridgestone.

Then on the blank side of ball the numbers 335 written, signify the last 3 of my service number and yet to find anyone with the same markings.

Still lose the sodding things though

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I stamp mine with a bat logo , however I normally say before hand playing a snell ball.. never seen another one on the course to date so it does help 😂
I played Snell for the 1st time today, and I didn’t mark it.
I also didn’t mark my 2nd Snell ball as the 1st one clearly didn’t float on the lake.

I used to always play with 3 balls where I had 1, 2 and 3 lines under the logo, but I stopped that a while ago when the sharpie ran dry. And until recently I must have been the last guy in the country playing Nike RZN balls.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fill one dimple above and left of the T in titleist in beautiful purple both sides of the ball as I can usually see one side or the other.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing to do with cheating, if there's 2 identical balls lying next to each other with no individual identifiable markings you can't claim definitely which ball is yours.
You're required to go back and play from where the last shot was played [ stroke and distance ] .
Nobody in their right mind would do that though would they, you'd just pick a ball each and carry on wouldn't you.

Three red dots to remind me I've won three club championships ;-)
Do you wear a name tag as well in case you forget your own name? :p

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nobody in their right mind would do that though would they, you'd just pick a ball each and carry on wouldn't you.

Do you wear a name tag as well in case you forget your own name? :p
I remember it happened in the semi final of the club match play at Greenburn GC 1982/83 i think. Both players played to the 4th elevated green [probably about rise of 30 feet ].
Both balls headed straight for the pin, up on the green one was 30 feet passed the hole the other 12 inches.
One guy had changed his ball on the tee and didn't say or mark it, turned out both were playing Prov1s, with the same number.
No way to tell who's ball was who's, both HAD to go back and play again from where they played their previous shot.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Thinking about it I've had numerous people announce their ball's been marked with 2 red dots or a black line. I can honestly say I've never seen anyone other than myself play a truvis with the European flag on, sho who's ball is more easily identifiable?

I got a sleeve of the US stars and stripes version, quite distinctive

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Announcing your ball on the tee is a bit “tour sauce” but on the way to the first tee in last week’s comp one of our guys said “Callaway 2”. The second guy in the group also had a Callaway 2 in his hand, as did I. If no-one had said anything then the potential for confusion/error was pretty high, especially since the approach to our second hole is blind and we all hit the green.

All balls were marked slightly differently but better to be safe than sorry.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play a Pro V and stick a Pink dot above the makers name to the right. Nothing too fancy. I've also got a dozen of the Ryder Cup Europe Truvis which are pretty distinctive, not really being using the Chrome Soft though recently, find they scuff and discolour far quicker than the Pro V1.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Sooooo........is it working:unsure:

Hard to say. I'd need to do a double blind test with marked and unmarked balls ... blindfolded, I guess, so that I don't know which is which when I hit them. Or maybe I could "mark" the balls for the test with white clover leaves ... I think it's complicated to come by hard evidence in a matter like that :cool: