How do you know it’s yours?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always wanted something clever on a stamp! But a capital I for Ian goes on the ball, and there is always a wag who says "that's an H" when it isn't in a vertical plane! :)
Maybe you should do a lower case i. Like the 'information' sign.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
So with all these individual markings on the ball you play - what do you do differently on the provisional or ball you play on the same hole the next day after loosing one?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
So with all these individual markings on the ball you play - what do you do differently on the provisional or ball you play on the same hole the next day after loosing one?

I always put the date on mine and the ball number in play.
eg, first hole, first ball will be "05/07/2019 ball No 1", next shot (after having driven into the cabbage) will be with "05/07/2019 ball No 2".

What do you do?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I create my own logo by overlapping my three initials (1st, middle and surname). I write it immediately above each printing of the ball brand - so at antipodes of the ball ..as it were. Means that it is very unusual for me to have to mark and move/lift my ball to identify it.

Hitdaball

Visit site
1 red line , 4 dots around the number each side. But mainly I know it’s mine because it is invariably in the most dogsh*t lie possible 40yrds off line. 😬

D

Deleted member 1147

I mark it exactly the same...it’s amazing how often I find the first ball🤔

D

Deleted Member 1156

I always thought that was a myth rather than a rule?
It isn't a rule but how are your playing partners supposed to know what they are looking?
"What ball are you playing?"

"Titleist"

"Oh, this is a Srixon"

"Oops sorry, I mean Srixon"

Hmmm OK. Heard that more than once in my golfing career.