How do you know it’s yours?

D

Deleted member 23344

Two purple dots immediately above the Callaway name on each side of the ball.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
4 dots around the brand logo each side and a stripe for putting over the model logo.
Used to mark in bright pink sharpie but lost it so now use my gold sharpie I borrowed from work van, no one seems to mark in either of those colours.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
It isn't a rule but how are your playing partners supposed to know what they are looking?
"What ball are you playing?"

"Titleist"

"Oh, this is a Srixon"

"Oops sorry, I mean Srixon"

Hmmm OK. Heard that more than once in my golfing career.
Perhaps you should join a more honest club.🤣🤣

Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Since I cheat anyway by not having a stopwatch I just claim the first ball I find as mine. (Unless it's yellow)

I hit it, make sure I'm first to the green where upon marking my ball I sneakily switch it with a ball on my pocket.

Job done. All because I don't have a stopwatch I'm a leather wedge using, ball switching cheap!

May as well wear the cap!

🏌️

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Since I cheat anyway by not having a stopwatch I just claim the first ball I find as mine. (Unless it's yellow)

I hit it, make sure I'm first to the green where upon marking my ball I sneakily switch it with a ball on my pocket.

Job done. All because I don't have a stopwatch I'm a leather wedge using, ball switching cheap!

May as well wear the cap!

🏌️

Just buy a stop watch you tool 🤪😂

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I put a non-filled circle in a dimple just over the V on my vice pros in whatever colour sharpie I've put in my bag.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
6 BLACK DOTS, 2 ON EACH SIDE OF THE LOGOS, THEN 1 ON EACH SIDE OF CENTRE, I USE A DIFFERENT NUMBERED BALL WITH THE SAME DOTS FOR A VERY RARELY NEEDED PROVISIONAL :love::ROFLMAO:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Will that get rid of the stigma or make me look like an officious rocket???

Decisions decisions!!! 🤔
Personally I’d rather be called a cheat.

Imagine having to to say “on your marks....

Followed by “ that’s time” 😂

D

Deleted Member 1156

If people want to declare i don't mind, I don't really see the point. Some of the guys I play with could easily play 7 or 8 different balls per hole!!
I'd need a spreadsheet to keep track 🤣
Maybe you should play at a club with decent players then ;)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
If people want to declare i don't mind, I don't really see the point. Some of the guys I play with could easily play 7 or 8 different balls per hole!!
I'd need a spreadsheet to keep track 🤣
At all the SG official comps I've ever played you are asked to identify your ball on the first tee, by the starter..
If 2 players are playing the same make and numbered ball , from a distance it can be hard to tell who's ball is where especially on a blind hole or elevated green. Or which ball is which ball is nearer the pin or maybe there's one in deep rough the other on the fairway only a foot or 2 away.

D

Deleted Member 1156

At all the SG official comps I've ever played you are asked to identify your ball on the first tee, by the starter..
If 2 players are playing the same make and numbered ball , from a distance it can be hard to tell who's ball is where especially on a blind hole or elevated green. Or which ball is which ball is nearer the pin or maybe there's one in deep rough the other on the fairway only a foot or 2 away.
Same at all the England Golf and scratch opens I've played in. Why leave yourself open to any suspicion!