Season’s goals: How did you do?!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Set out to enjoy the season with no expectations.

Good job I didn't have any as I haven't played many qualifiers at all this year.

Ended up going to my highest handicap (11) for 5 years.

Still got loads of work to do through the winter as I would like to hit the ball higher than 2 inches of the ground and next year would like to get back to single figures.

Confident that you can comfortably achieve that with minimal effort after playing with you this year. Just stay out of the way of those crazy South African's they drag you down!

;):ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 17920

Confident that you can comfortably achieve that with minimal effort after playing with you this year. Just stay out of the way of those crazy South African's they drag you down!

;):ROFLMAO:
He is only there to make me look good ;) oh and whilst looking for his ball we always end up with at least 10 new balls in the bag for the next round with him :ROFLMAO:

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I wanted to win my work golf society league but came 4th. Never would have competed with the winner who, unfortunately, has a magic pencil.

Wanted to win a competition at my home club, but I've only been able to play 3 or 4 times and finished in the bottom region each time.

Wanted to lower my handicap, started at 17 and am down to 13, so at least that's something ticked off.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Goal was to get handicap from 15 to 12.

Managed to do that very early on in the season so I set a new goal to get to 10 which I also managed to complete.

I did want to get into the 9's which I managed for a couple of weeks but a few .1's put me up to 10.1 where I sit now.

Still very happy with the progress as I moved club this year and it suits my game a lot more and won a few competitions as well.

Think we will have one more qualifier this weekend so still a chance to get into the 9's.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Goal was to keep my handicap active/competitive, which I’ve done - also managed to get it into singles figures which is a nice bonus.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Starting at 5.4, I wanted to still be Cat 1 at the end of the season. Miserable failure with 8x0.1s and five buffers from 13 qualifiers! Won an open pairs competition and finished in the prizes in another couple of team events so the season wasn't a total disaster.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Only goal was to enjoy the year and play some decent golf. Played some courses that I haven’t for a while and some new, in good company, come down from 8.5 to 6.3, won 2 board comps, been accused of banditry (in a jovial manner) by a former club champion and had a decent round at H4H for a change. Considering the past 2 years I’ll take that. 🙂

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Goal 1- get to Cat 1. Made it, stayed there a week, straight back up. Handicap went from 6.2 to 5.8 so the right direction.
Goal 2- win a major comp at the club- no joy. Missed the last chance by 1 shot on Saturday.
Goal 3- qualify for Championship KOs. Great first round, nightmare second. Made it one stage further than last year so improving I guess.

Outside of that I played some great courses, including Ailsa at Turnberry and enjoyed the golf. Need to be more in the habit of practicing next year though. I'm already missing the golf season and it's only been done a week!

Mixed bag of a year. Got a lesson in October having been so frustrated and suddenly it clicked. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Had a look at my medals, buffer or better 41% of the time, no idea if this is a good stat or not though...

D

Deleted member 3432

Not great, up 0.7 to 4.9 but confident that the hard work i'm putting in at the moment will lead to a more consistant game moving forward.

Two major issues to sort out are clubface to path, the face is way too closed to path leading to a big miss left lurking. Putting a lot of time into this at the moment and its slowly improving.

Second issue is a loss of confidence on the greens, need to get the stroke checked on SAM lab and then put some time in on the putting mat at home. Not sure my eyes see slopes on greens as well as they did in the past so I don't think that is helping either.

One positive is there is still plenty of speed in my swing so I don't see why I can't still get to 2 or 3 as I approach my mid fifties, not giving up trying anyway.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didnt set any goals as golf took a back seat early this year due to work, but lately ive played a bit more, now im in a new roll, and found some form and since September Ive been cut from 9.8, down to 7.4 with some cracking rounds. I've got 3 more q comps left this year before WL starts so want to consolidate this 7 and go into the winter training hard to be able to play to 7 come next summer.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didn't make any specific goals for this season, but I did think I'd try to get back into Cat1 and stay there for more than a few weeks.

- shot a couple of 73's early in the season and the finally managed a level gross 72 on Captains Day! That got me firmly into Cat1 on 5.0
- couple of weeks later I managed to hold my nerves and won the scratch Club Champs! Getting cut both days and down to 4.3 h/cap

That was pretty much it, haven't hit the same heights since and nudged up to 4.7 at the moment but whatever I'm happy with the year 😁

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started the year on 6.8, with a goal of getting to CAT 1. With the help of a full bag of Cobra's and Arccos I was confident....... Back down to earth in the first couple of medals and went up to 7 in the first 2 comps before hitting a decent run of form and dropped to 5.5. I actually birdied the last hole of a comp to shoot 1 under to reach cat 1, however, css for the only time this season went up in that comp and i buffered instead lol

Finished the season on 5.8 , and looking back , i have never had a season where I shot in the 70's as often in comps, so all in all i decent year handicap wise. I also ticked off everal new courses and with the heat wave, it was a glorious Summer of golf

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This time last yer I was off 18.9 and my target was to get to 15 by this October.

Had a really good winter, won the winter fourball knockout at Gailes with my partner, our Saturday sweep "road to Dreghorn" non counters and also season opening 4 man team at Gailes. As a result of the 4 ball win I got cut to 15 !! as a result of clause 23 I think it was. Objective achieved, I could have put my clubs away :p

Proceeded to have a shocking summer and 10 straight 0.1s saw me back to 16. Played in the Wednesday medal this week. Had a nett 75, CSS was 74 but an 8 at the tenth and an 11 on the last hole were reduced to 7s with stableford adjustment and effectively a net 70 saw a 1.2 cut taking me to 14.8. So with only two more counting medals to go, I have managed to achieve what I set out to do for the first time in many years.

I did have targets for fairways hit gir etc, but have missed most of them

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had 3.

1. Make the B Team (scratch Matchplay). Got two call ups. Should have won the first game but was a bit nervous and got off to a terrible start, played much better but thrashed in the second by top class opposition. At least now I know the standard and aim to improve next year!

2. Win a board comp. Came 2nd, lost by a shot to the guy I was playing with, who in fairness shot -1 gross off 4 so you can’t complain.

3. Get cut to 8. Made it to 8.6. Twice. The second time it should have been 8.4 but CSS went down to 70 for the only time all season!

So close calls but not much by way of cigars. How did you lot do?

I failed (badly) (again!!) :eek:

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
From the start of this year

"
Single figures be nice this year

Down to 13 now "

I got down to 12 in the end...Played a lot of good golf, broke 80 more times than I can remember, If I was handing in every card I played would be playing to 10 I think but only 1 card a month counts to handicap so alas still at 12.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm really pleased. When i joined my club a couple of years ago i came in with a handicap of 3.2 and slowly crept up as a result of not being able to play and practice as much due to having a young family.

My goal this year was to try to get back down to 3.2 (from 4.2) by the end of the summer.

I managed to surpass that and i've got back down to 2.9, so i'm quite happy with that.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always seem to achieve my season's goal, altho tbh it's the same goal every year - play as much as I want to and enjoy myself.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not what I wanted, which was a single figure handicap, but started and finished the season on 12 handicap. So my aim is the same for next season!

I'm not sure you mean it that way...🤣

As an aside I still have no idea why you aren't off single figures!