How do you hit yours?

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has to be some sort of swing thought going on, for me anyway.

What can hurt me is the random extra thought (swing related or otherwise) just as I start to take the club back. The pipe/ thin/ chunk etc accompany that extra thought :(

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
This actually appears to be more of a case of 'whatever works' - what works for someone doesn't necessarily work for another. I think I remember an interview where McIlroy said he was trying to remember/ recreate a feeling that he had when playing well - that's what I was trying to remember from the summer. I guess I was more hitting at and through (down) the ball (possibly bad) but think it feels more snappy / punch-shot like. Agree, number of thoughts need to be minimized but in the case of an 'improving' golfer it's hard not to tinker!

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I approach the ball. Get the yardage. Get the corresponding club/shot selction. Step away from the ball. Take 2 practise swings. If i dont like the feel, ill take 2 more. Just getting in rythm with the shot ive selected. I will then line the ball up. grip, stance, posture then strike just like the practise swing.

Sounds long but it quick enough to do.