How do you know it’s yours?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oof suspicion of what? There are 1000s of ways to cheat and telling some one what ball they are playing would make no odds at all.
Nothing to do with cheating, if there's 2 identical balls lying next to each other with no individual identifiable markings you can't claim definitely which ball is yours.
You're required to go back and play from where the last shot was played [ stroke and distance ] .

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Nothing to do with cheating, if there's 2 identical balls lying next to each other with no individual identifiable markings you can't claim definitely which ball is yours.
You're required to go back and play from where the last shot was played [ stroke and distance ] .

What's to say someone hadn't used the same markings on their ball as you? Surely then you could never be 100% certain it was your ball 🤔

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's to say someone hadn't used the same markings on their ball as you? Surely then you could never be 100% certain it was your ball 🤔
If you're not 100% sure that it's your ball you can't claim it's yours. , that's why you're better declaring what ball and markings you're playing with.
Ask the EXPERTS.

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
If you're not 100% sure that it's your ball you can't claim it's yours. , that's why you're better declaring what ball and markings you're playing with.
Ask the EXPERTS.

I think you missed my point. Who's to say that someone one of the groups in front hasn't used EXACTLY the same markings as yourself. Far fetched maybe but still a real possibility.

Until someone shows me a rule that states I must mark my ball I'll carry on as I am and trust myself not to cheat 👍

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Thinking about it I've had numerous people announce their ball's been marked with 2 red dots or a black line. I can honestly say I've never seen anyone other than myself play a truvis with the European flag on, sho who's ball is more easily identifiable?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Thinking about it I've had numerous people announce their ball's been marked with 2 red dots or a black line. I can honestly say I've never seen anyone other than myself play a truvis with the European flag on, sho who's ball is more easily identifiable?
I took advantage of the srixon 4 for 3 with free custom lines of print. No need to add extra marks
The whole announce thing just puzzles me

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you missed my point. Who's to say that someone one of the groups in front hasn't used EXACTLY the same markings as yourself. Far fetched maybe but still a real possibility.

Not at all far fetched. Numerous cases where people with the same ball and identical markings play in the same game (which is actually the real reason why announcing has come into favour - but it's not the be all and end all). Best I've experienced was a player playing a ball he had recently picked up that was previously lost by another in the game - same ball, same markings and same number 😂

For those playing the same ball, with the same markings on the same course over time the odds on a previously lost ball becoming a factor again gradually increase. Again I've seen it happen on course as well as the above example.

Most common ball (anecdotally) is a Prov1 with 3 red dots (filled dimples) by the number.

My advice is to pay attention to your ball, mark it as you think fit and, when potentially lost, be clear about what it is before it gets found (by you).